|
|||||||||||||||
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
__________________
Stevie Brew [email protected] http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...hlight=stegger |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Whilst I was up at Dms today getting X 6 stuff ( nice carbon motor plate and blue stuff ) and saw the new Vampire metal rear hinge pin blocks, they look good quality and £19.99, what degree are the team guys going to run 3 or 4 deg??
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
I've only ever run the 4deg standard block, so I'm gonna start with the 4deg Vampire block. I'll probably give the 3deg block a try though.
__________________
Yokomo - LMR |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
My X6 has Rayspeed 0.5 deg rear hubs on it, do you think that with the 4deg block this is too much rear toe in? Should I switch to the 3 deg one when using these hubs?
Also one other quick one, I need a bit more on power steering, will switching from the 25 deg c hubs to the 30 deg ones give me more on power steering? What do you guys run normally outdoors? |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
I think of caster blocks like a supermarket trolley. Trolleys have extreme castor (as they have castors fitted
) and as soon as you push them they just go forward..... soMore caster = less on power steering. G
__________________
Graham North http://www.atomic-carbon.co.uk https://www.facebook.com/atomiccarbon https://www.facebook.com/nortechracing |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
In board and outboard toe give a different feel as well, i can't remember what now but im sure ellis or elvo will be able to tell us.
We used to run 1 inboard and 2 out on the schuey on road cars at times. |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Won't more inboard toe-in give you a shorter wheelbase due to the sweep ?
__________________
Stevie Brew [email protected] http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...hlight=stegger |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Yes, that too.
__________________
|
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
But to me inboard toe helps acceleration and sideways stability, outboard toe helps sideways stability but since your not changing the driveshaft angle and wheelbase it does less on accereration. so I'd rather use 4 deg inboard to get max acceleration and if needed take back some on the outboard (you can mount them the "wrong way around" ) to adjust stability. |
![]() |
|
|