PDA

View Full Version : rally blocks


gerbil
06-08-2010, 07:59 PM
hi sorry for another question but
i know i have to get the tryes from schumacher but what wheels do i need to buy is it just any touring car wheels
its for a blaze btw cheers

Jonesy
06-08-2010, 10:51 PM
Touring Car wheels are fine mate, I've found that the 24mm wheels have been better on the car

sldmodels
07-08-2010, 12:23 AM
You'll also need some adapters as the standard touring car wheel mount is too big for the shark stub axle. The only place I've managed to get them, is out of rc18 conversion things so that they can take big wheels, and they sell for about 8 pounds, which is a bit much when all you want is one small part, but I'm working on getting some wheels made to size that should be a bit stronger generally too, but I don't think they'll be ready this side of Xmas.

c0sie
07-08-2010, 06:09 AM
I have never needed to use any form of "adaptor" when fitting a TC wheel to either the Blaze or Shark.

Kevin, any 1/10th TC wheel (preferably not an Inch Up wheel) should suffice fella.

sldmodels
07-08-2010, 07:19 PM
I have never needed to use any form of "adaptor" when fitting a TC wheel to either the Blaze or Shark.

Kevin, any 1/10th TC wheel (preferably not an Inch Up wheel) should suffice fella.

You must be using different wheels to me, as there is a 1-1.5mm gap between the stub axle and the inside edge of the mounting for most TC wheels.

gerbil
07-08-2010, 07:41 PM
cheers guys
i have another question im driving on none grippy carpet and thinking what other tyres other than rally blocks i could us any ideas
on boring cars we used to use carpet dragon anyone have experience in trying them:thumbsup:

leeleefocus
07-08-2010, 07:44 PM
I've found some wheels have a deep recess for the hex which binds on the Shark/Blaze. If the recess is to deep my solution is to remove some material from the wheel where the hex is. This effectively shallows the recess and gets rid of the part of the wheel that binds.

sldmodels
07-08-2010, 07:44 PM
I've not personally used them but I know the Stoke lot used to use them a lot where they race (council run sports hall). I'd try them if you have them allready, and then see how you go. Are you running a flat track, or do you have jumps involved?

gerbil
07-08-2010, 07:51 PM
jumps are there its the same as our1/10 track i had a little play last year with foams and it was nice but i think where running rubber to makeit as bit more challenging

sldmodels
07-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Well I used yellow rally blocks at Dudley last year, and for the practice and first round, they we're brilliant, but my wheels lets me down later on. Not tried the white's yet, but got a set ready for tomorrow at hereford, so if one doesn't work, I'll switch to the other. I'd say start with a set of yellows, and if they're not upto it, get the whites, but remember inserts. Schumacher recommended the grey inserts to me (which I've put in the whites), but I'm running RP30 inserts in the yellows as I didn't have any at the time, and they're just ones that I "ripped" out of some old touring car tyres.