Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-08-2010
gerbil's Avatar
gerbil gerbil is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: at the top of weldon ave
Posts: 993
Default rally blocks

hi sorry for another question but
i know i have to get the tryes from schumacher but what wheels do i need to buy is it just any touring car wheels
its for a blaze btw cheers
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-08-2010
Jonesy Jonesy is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ellesmere Port
Posts: 1,402
Default

Touring Car wheels are fine mate, I've found that the 24mm wheels have been better on the car
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-08-2010
sldmodels sldmodels is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 745
Default

You'll also need some adapters as the standard touring car wheel mount is too big for the shark stub axle. The only place I've managed to get them, is out of rc18 conversion things so that they can take big wheels, and they sell for about 8 pounds, which is a bit much when all you want is one small part, but I'm working on getting some wheels made to size that should be a bit stronger generally too, but I don't think they'll be ready this side of Xmas.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-08-2010
c0sie c0sie is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cheltenham
Posts: 3,294
Default

I have never needed to use any form of "adaptor" when fitting a TC wheel to either the Blaze or Shark.

Kevin, any 1/10th TC wheel (preferably not an Inch Up wheel) should suffice fella.
__________________
Previously:
BRCA Micro Section Chairman.
BRCA Micro National Champion.

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-08-2010
sldmodels sldmodels is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0sie View Post
I have never needed to use any form of "adaptor" when fitting a TC wheel to either the Blaze or Shark.

Kevin, any 1/10th TC wheel (preferably not an Inch Up wheel) should suffice fella.
You must be using different wheels to me, as there is a 1-1.5mm gap between the stub axle and the inside edge of the mounting for most TC wheels.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-08-2010
gerbil's Avatar
gerbil gerbil is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: at the top of weldon ave
Posts: 993
Default

cheers guys
i have another question im driving on none grippy carpet and thinking what other tyres other than rally blocks i could us any ideas
on boring cars we used to use carpet dragon anyone have experience in trying them
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-08-2010
leeleefocus leeleefocus is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bath
Posts: 95
Default

I've found some wheels have a deep recess for the hex which binds on the Shark/Blaze. If the recess is to deep my solution is to remove some material from the wheel where the hex is. This effectively shallows the recess and gets rid of the part of the wheel that binds.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-08-2010
sldmodels sldmodels is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 745
Default

I've not personally used them but I know the Stoke lot used to use them a lot where they race (council run sports hall). I'd try them if you have them allready, and then see how you go. Are you running a flat track, or do you have jumps involved?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-08-2010
gerbil's Avatar
gerbil gerbil is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: at the top of weldon ave
Posts: 993
Default

jumps are there its the same as our1/10 track i had a little play last year with foams and it was nice but i think where running rubber to makeit as bit more challenging
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-08-2010
sldmodels sldmodels is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 745
Default

Well I used yellow rally blocks at Dudley last year, and for the practice and first round, they we're brilliant, but my wheels lets me down later on. Not tried the white's yet, but got a set ready for tomorrow at hereford, so if one doesn't work, I'll switch to the other. I'd say start with a set of yellows, and if they're not upto it, get the whites, but remember inserts. Schumacher recommended the grey inserts to me (which I've put in the whites), but I'm running RP30 inserts in the yellows as I didn't have any at the time, and they're just ones that I "ripped" out of some old touring car tyres.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com