View Full Version : Dudley Big Jump
sldmodels
02-12-2010, 05:25 PM
If the big jump that I made for last year's Dudley micro is going to be used again, and if it's considered too big, it can be lowered by relocation where the chains attach to the side by moving the hooks on either sides up or down the outside edges. When I built them, I didn't have a great deal of experience doing that kind of thing, or a lot of space to get them right.
mrspeedy
02-12-2010, 06:10 PM
I thought the big jump last year was ace :thumbsup: but maybe not in the best place, its always nice to be able to see where your car is gonna land :p
Any other snippets you can let us in on ?
sldmodels
02-12-2010, 06:20 PM
Thanks for that :woot:, think you might be the only other person to have liked it, or fancied the challenge of it.
No idea about how the track will be for Dudley this year, as I've had nothing to do with it this year. I was going be racing at this one, but still waiting on my speedo to com back from SMD (I know Jamie's been having some adventures on the bus into work today lol). But I'm taking the TC to Ardent instead on Sunday now. Dunno what other micros I might do this season, but I know I should be ready for when Ardent comes round, and at least I'll be able to practice with jumps there, which I really don't have enough experience of.
JonMack
02-12-2010, 09:52 PM
Shame you can't make it, I've a spare Tekin RS you could have borrowed!
sldmodels
02-12-2010, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the offer, but think I might have been having problems with it a for a while, possibly overgearing, as burnt out a few motors. I have an SPX I could have used, but didn't want to risk it with that, definitely don't want to risk it with someone else's speedo till I've figured out what's wrong. :thumbsup:
Danosborne6661
02-12-2010, 10:45 PM
Big jump at dudley last year was ace :thumbsup:
sldmodels
02-12-2010, 10:59 PM
Thanks Dan, all I seemed to hear about it last year was criticism. Nice to know that my efforts we're appreciated. :thumbsup:
Ben Turner
03-12-2010, 01:07 AM
Shame you wont be there, that jump was 'legendary' :woot:
Checa
03-12-2010, 12:08 PM
Big jump at dudley last year was ace :thumbsup:
Just needed the landing ramp further away :woot:
sldmodels
07-12-2010, 12:43 AM
Just watched a couple of the videos of this year's Dudley, and someone on the other forum said the changes made to the big jump had improved it. I wasn't sure it would be used as it's not the current width that the rules say (I built it to last years rules which we're 1.8m wide and this year is 2m wide) and even then the pipes in the position they we're would have made that smaller. It looks obviously lower down, which seem to work better (I've only seen from the landing ramp).
Was it better and more fun this time?
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.