Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-12-2010
sldmodels sldmodels is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 745
Default Dudley Big Jump

If the big jump that I made for last year's Dudley micro is going to be used again, and if it's considered too big, it can be lowered by relocation where the chains attach to the side by moving the hooks on either sides up or down the outside edges. When I built them, I didn't have a great deal of experience doing that kind of thing, or a lot of space to get them right.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-12-2010
mrspeedy mrspeedy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 974
Default

I thought the big jump last year was ace but maybe not in the best place, its always nice to be able to see where your car is gonna land

Any other snippets you can let us in on ?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-12-2010
sldmodels sldmodels is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 745
Default

Thanks for that , think you might be the only other person to have liked it, or fancied the challenge of it.

No idea about how the track will be for Dudley this year, as I've had nothing to do with it this year. I was going be racing at this one, but still waiting on my speedo to com back from SMD (I know Jamie's been having some adventures on the bus into work today lol). But I'm taking the TC to Ardent instead on Sunday now. Dunno what other micros I might do this season, but I know I should be ready for when Ardent comes round, and at least I'll be able to practice with jumps there, which I really don't have enough experience of.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-12-2010
JonMack's Avatar
JonMack JonMack is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Weston-super-Mare
Posts: 184
Send a message via MSN to JonMack Send a message via Skype™ to JonMack
Default

Shame you can't make it, I've a spare Tekin RS you could have borrowed!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-12-2010
sldmodels sldmodels is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 745
Default

Thanks for the offer, but think I might have been having problems with it a for a while, possibly overgearing, as burnt out a few motors. I have an SPX I could have used, but didn't want to risk it with that, definitely don't want to risk it with someone else's speedo till I've figured out what's wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-12-2010
Danosborne6661's Avatar
Danosborne6661 Danosborne6661 is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,301
Default

Big jump at dudley last year was ace
__________________
Schumacher • Phat Bodies

Mendip R/C Raceway - Offroad Racing in South-West
WORM-Racing - GT12 Racing in the South-West
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-12-2010
sldmodels sldmodels is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 745
Default

Thanks Dan, all I seemed to hear about it last year was criticism. Nice to know that my efforts we're appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-12-2010
Ben Turner's Avatar
Ben Turner Ben Turner is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Builth Wells
Posts: 465
Send a message via MSN to Ben Turner
Default

Shame you wont be there, that jump was 'legendary'
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-12-2010
Checa's Avatar
Checa Checa is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Near Bas Vegas
Posts: 296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danosborne6661 View Post
Big jump at dudley last year was ace

Just needed the landing ramp further away
__________________
WWW.EMSRACING.CO.UK

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-12-2010
sldmodels sldmodels is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 745
Default this year

Just watched a couple of the videos of this year's Dudley, and someone on the other forum said the changes made to the big jump had improved it. I wasn't sure it would be used as it's not the current width that the rules say (I built it to last years rules which we're 1.8m wide and this year is 2m wide) and even then the pipes in the position they we're would have made that smaller. It looks obviously lower down, which seem to work better (I've only seen from the landing ramp).

Was it better and more fun this time?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com