View Full Version : what motor to use
tisher
10-01-2011, 06:35 PM
I am going to change the motor in the lazer the lrp5.5 is just way to punchy Buds mentioned one at the last meet but can not remember what it was but open to suggestions because i dont have a clue what is good or not just sold the cat so got about 100 quid to spend. I need the car to run alot slower as I was hardly throttling it last meet and it dos not suit my driving style
Whiskers
10-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Speed passion 6.5 turn is suppost to be very smooth and cheaper than the LRPs!!
Si Coe
10-01-2011, 07:18 PM
I dropped my LRP 5.5t and went all the way down to an Orion 10.5t for indoors!
However that probably won't work as well outdoors. I've found Losi 6.5t's to be good allrounders. Losi motors are a bit wimpy for their number of turns, but the result is that they are a lot smoother. The 6.5t is really more like a 7.5t in performance, but the Losi motors are cheap and robust. Its just the esc's that are rubbish!
Dave will have recommended a Tekin. Nice motors, but IMHO not worth the extra over Losi or Speed Passion when it comes to smoothness.
budfish
10-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Tekin redline 5.5turn is what I currently have in the laser
Picking up my brand new tekin redline 6.5 turn on Sunday from chadderton
Type tekin redline into google and a site called the pred.co.uk comes up tekin motors are£67 any turn I think the extra £5 is well worth it!!!
Buds
tisher
10-01-2011, 08:07 PM
cheers guys just got a b4 as well of ebay for a bargain price of 50 quid so I was thinking maybe along the lines of a 8.5t should be middle ground for both cars indoors I hope ..I also have just noticed I will be back from chamonix on the 22nd so might be at the next meet after all. I spotted a 9.5t lrp eraser motor on ebay are they any good?
rob m
14-01-2011, 04:53 PM
ive had a losi 6.5t motor in my b4 for around a 1 1/2 years and never had to do anything with it,its been great,in my b44 i use a 5.5t speed passion and i sometimes feel it lacks punch out of the corners (maybe due to my slightly worn tyers lol) but it does seem fast still.
footey
14-01-2011, 05:09 PM
ive gone to speed passion v3 7.5 in my 4wd and its very usable
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.