Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-01-2011
tisher's Avatar
tisher tisher is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stockport
Posts: 916
Default what motor to use

I am going to change the motor in the lazer the lrp5.5 is just way to punchy Buds mentioned one at the last meet but can not remember what it was but open to suggestions because i dont have a clue what is good or not just sold the cat so got about 100 quid to spend. I need the car to run alot slower as I was hardly throttling it last meet and it dos not suit my driving style
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-01-2011
Whiskers's Avatar
Whiskers Whiskers is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Radcliffe
Posts: 801
Default

Speed passion 6.5 turn is suppost to be very smooth and cheaper than the LRPs!!
__________________
Team Associated B44FT ~ LRP SXX TC Spec ~ LRP Vector X12 6.5t ~ Savox SC-1251MG ~ Spektrum DX3S
Schumacher Cougar SV Pro ~ LRP Sphere TC Spec ~ Losi Xcelorin 6.5t ~ Savox SC-1257 ~ Spektrum SR3100 ~ Spektrum DX3S

In progress: Team Durango DEX410 V1-V4 hybrid ~ DESC410V2 ~ DEX210
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-01-2011
Si Coe's Avatar
Si Coe Si Coe is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Wigan - World of Pies!
Posts: 2,737
Default

I dropped my LRP 5.5t and went all the way down to an Orion 10.5t for indoors!
However that probably won't work as well outdoors. I've found Losi 6.5t's to be good allrounders. Losi motors are a bit wimpy for their number of turns, but the result is that they are a lot smoother. The 6.5t is really more like a 7.5t in performance, but the Losi motors are cheap and robust. Its just the esc's that are rubbish!
Dave will have recommended a Tekin. Nice motors, but IMHO not worth the extra over Losi or Speed Passion when it comes to smoothness.
__________________

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-01-2011
budfish's Avatar
budfish budfish is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Rochdale,Manchester
Posts: 1,853
Default Tekin

Tekin redline 5.5turn is what I currently have in the laser
Picking up my brand new tekin redline 6.5 turn on Sunday from chadderton

Type tekin redline into google and a site called the pred.co.uk comes up tekin motors are£67 any turn I think the extra £5 is well worth it!!!

Buds
__________________

http://budsballs.co.uk
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-01-2011
tisher's Avatar
tisher tisher is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stockport
Posts: 916
Default

cheers guys just got a b4 as well of ebay for a bargain price of 50 quid so I was thinking maybe along the lines of a 8.5t should be middle ground for both cars indoors I hope ..I also have just noticed I will be back from chamonix on the 22nd so might be at the next meet after all. I spotted a 9.5t lrp eraser motor on ebay are they any good?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 14-01-2011
rob m's Avatar
rob m rob m is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: rochdale
Posts: 463
Default

ive had a losi 6.5t motor in my b4 for around a 1 1/2 years and never had to do anything with it,its been great,in my b44 i use a 5.5t speed passion and i sometimes feel it lacks punch out of the corners (maybe due to my slightly worn tyers lol) but it does seem fast still.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 14-01-2011
footey footey is offline
oOple Tattoo Dancer!
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,605
Default

ive gone to speed passion v3 7.5 in my 4wd and its very usable
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com