View Full Version : up n running!!SHOCKS B44!!!!!!!!!
BillyB
15-01-2011, 11:45 AM
Hi lads got my car up n running have trouble with the b44's shocks.Ive built them 6 times now and everytime a hit a little jump they leak out!! its well frustrating shall i upgrade to v2s!!!or what!! ive even followed the tips on sanding down spacers the works!!! but on a lighter note its running well with all ORCA 6.5T and the ORCA Pro VRITRA system ORCA 4200 saddles, went for savox dig servo and 20 tooth pinion to get used it alll!!! tips on shocks would be a big help and al see you next meet!!!:confused:
Whiskers
15-01-2011, 11:48 AM
Where are they leaking from?
mattb
15-01-2011, 11:57 AM
have you built them with some rebound mate? if you have try building them with hardly any this will take some pressure of the o rings and hopefully stop them leaking.also if you havent got the bleader caps they make them much easier to get right
BillyB
15-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Cheers Matt looks like bleeding em without rebound helped so fingers crossed they stay that way, ordered v2 just in case lol
captainlip
15-01-2011, 05:28 PM
i used to have the same shocks you have and I had to rebuild them every race meet. :thumbdown:
rob m
15-01-2011, 06:17 PM
as matt said just build them with little rebound,mine last for months doing it that way:thumbsup:
BillyB
16-01-2011, 12:13 PM
These shocks are W@%K had a good run yesterday but had a blast this mornin and they where back to there leaky selves V2's ordered!!! cant believe team associated didnt come up with a better system than these absolute rubbish!!:thumbdown: anyway rant over!! you can all send me messages that say youve never had a problem with em ha ha!!!:p
Si Coe
16-01-2011, 12:24 PM
I think its just some shocks. Between my RC10 and my Champ Bmaxx I've got 8 Associated shocks, and 7 are fine. 1 leaks whatever I do it it. New seals, new shaft - still leaks badly.
Woody's tried rebuilding it to no effect so its not just me. All the other ones I've rebuilt have worked fine. The only thing I can consider its the shock body itself must have a fault that prevents the seals aligning correctly.
I've simply replaced them on the Bmax with Losi shocks. They don't have those issues.
BillyB
16-01-2011, 01:07 PM
yeah its defo not me!! built them at least 12 times now using all the tips n green slime the works and just leak, so V2's are goin on it if there shit am gonna go to cali team associated factory and thumb there eyeballs out ha ha:D
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.