PDA

View Full Version : FS2 running weight


fastinfastout
29-01-2011, 12:46 AM
what weight does an FS2 get around at ready to go. I'm looking at possible light weight 4wd cars and this is on my list. Please include electronics brand and lipo type.

Thanks in advance.

RogerM
29-01-2011, 09:52 AM
My car is under weight without ballast, needs about 30 of the 60g I run in the chassis spine to get it to weight limit.

Futaba low pro servo
HobbyWing ExRun ESC (same as speed passion)
Spektrum micro rx
Robotronic /Orion Lipos

njc11
29-01-2011, 10:00 AM
I run..

Orion Race Spec ESC / KO VFS1 BMC
Law40 chassis stiffner (20g)
Spektrum Micro 2.4 Rec
Futabe Low Profile Servo
LRP Lipos

I used to run 60g spine but find the LAW40 is perfect... might be different once outside but for indoors this suits!
:thumbsup:

fastinfastout
29-01-2011, 11:10 AM
I run..

Orion Race Spec ESC / KO VFS1 BMC
Law40 chassis stiffner (20g)
Spektrum Micro 2.4 Rec
Futabe Low Profile Servo
LRP Lipos

I used to run 60g spine but find the LAW40 is perfect... might be different once outside but for indoors this suits!
:thumbsup:
your missing the point of the post.........

njc11
29-01-2011, 11:21 AM
oooooohhh!!

Just weighed... without lipos 1405g

The lipos are LRP 5000 50c = 266g

Total = 1671g if i ran the 60g (remove LAW40) it would 1711g

Is this ok??

fastinfastout
30-01-2011, 08:15 AM
thanks, that better. So your overweight by roughly 70 grams, and the first guy was underweight by 30 grams. Seems like a lot of difference even though the equipments dont seem to be overly different. But I guess I was expecting the kyosho's to be a little heavier than the b44/d4 since the kyosho has a plastic chassis.

anyone else?

Mr Eccleston
30-01-2011, 04:03 PM
1693gms

Using Tekin rs pro,
Intellect 5000mah,
Spectrum micro rd,
Futaba bls551,
60gms ballast.

RogerM
31-01-2011, 09:15 AM
I do run fairly low capacity and low C rating Lipos to calm the horrible LiPo / brushless power delivery down (might not be needed now I am running the HobbyWing ESCs) which means they are very light.

As far as I am aware there aren't many 4wds lighter than the Lazer out there in race trim, certainly those that are often have a lot of ballast to get them to the prefered 'balance'.

Give an FS a try, only know one person who didn't get on with it out of the many many that I know who have tried one.