Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 29-01-2011
fastinfastout fastinfastout is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 877
Default FS2 running weight

what weight does an FS2 get around at ready to go. I'm looking at possible light weight 4wd cars and this is on my list. Please include electronics brand and lipo type.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 29-01-2011
RogerM's Avatar
RogerM RogerM is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The middle of off-road nowhere ----- Cheltenham
Posts: 4,258
Default

My car is under weight without ballast, needs about 30 of the 60g I run in the chassis spine to get it to weight limit.

Futaba low pro servo
HobbyWing ExRun ESC (same as speed passion)
Spektrum micro rx
Robotronic /Orion Lipos
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 29-01-2011
njc11's Avatar
njc11 njc11 is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,116
Default

I run..

Orion Race Spec ESC / KO VFS1 BMC
Law40 chassis stiffner (20g)
Spektrum Micro 2.4 Rec
Futabe Low Profile Servo
LRP Lipos

I used to run 60g spine but find the LAW40 is perfect... might be different once outside but for indoors this suits!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 29-01-2011
fastinfastout fastinfastout is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 877
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njc11 View Post
I run..

Orion Race Spec ESC / KO VFS1 BMC
Law40 chassis stiffner (20g)
Spektrum Micro 2.4 Rec
Futabe Low Profile Servo
LRP Lipos

I used to run 60g spine but find the LAW40 is perfect... might be different once outside but for indoors this suits!
your missing the point of the post.........
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 29-01-2011
njc11's Avatar
njc11 njc11 is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,116
Default

oooooohhh!!

Just weighed... without lipos 1405g

The lipos are LRP 5000 50c = 266g

Total = 1671g if i ran the 60g (remove LAW40) it would 1711g

Is this ok??
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 30-01-2011
fastinfastout fastinfastout is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 877
Default

thanks, that better. So your overweight by roughly 70 grams, and the first guy was underweight by 30 grams. Seems like a lot of difference even though the equipments dont seem to be overly different. But I guess I was expecting the kyosho's to be a little heavier than the b44/d4 since the kyosho has a plastic chassis.

anyone else?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 30-01-2011
Mr Eccleston's Avatar
Mr Eccleston Mr Eccleston is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 536
Default

1693gms

Using Tekin rs pro,
Intellect 5000mah,
Spectrum micro rd,
Futaba bls551,
60gms ballast.
__________________
Kyosho ZX6
Kyosho FS2
Kyosho RB6
Kyosho DB1
Kyosho DB2
Kyosho Turbo Ultima
Kyosho Optima
Schumacher Atom
NORA - Northern Off-Road Arena - www.ddrcc.co.uk
Trader Feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49044
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 31-01-2011
RogerM's Avatar
RogerM RogerM is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The middle of off-road nowhere ----- Cheltenham
Posts: 4,258
Default

I do run fairly low capacity and low C rating Lipos to calm the horrible LiPo / brushless power delivery down (might not be needed now I am running the HobbyWing ESCs) which means they are very light.

As far as I am aware there aren't many 4wds lighter than the Lazer out there in race trim, certainly those that are often have a lot of ballast to get them to the prefered 'balance'.

Give an FS a try, only know one person who didn't get on with it out of the many many that I know who have tried one.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com