View Full Version : FS2 Hub carriers
Bagman
03-03-2011, 02:23 PM
Hi all, is it possible to buy alloy front hub carriers? I've done a little bit of searching and not been able to come up with anything, though I have found the rears.
Any help would be appreciated.
RudeTony
03-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Normally people ask this question because their ball joints have pulled out of the top of the hub. Change the ball studs for the longer type and you will be fine with small problem solved - Alloy ones not available - only the rears in alloy
Hope this helps
Bagman
03-03-2011, 08:39 PM
You must be psychic, got it in one. You don't know the numbers for those longer parts do you?
RudeTony
03-03-2011, 08:43 PM
LOL - :)
UM128 is the longer ones - the same as the rear hubs
Bagman
03-03-2011, 08:46 PM
Thanks again. It's been my only issue so far, what else might I expect or is that it. I'm well impressed with it at the moment.
RudeTony
03-03-2011, 08:57 PM
I haven't had any troubles with the standard size to be honest but when taken in and out a few times it's the same as any plastic it can loosen and then yu have the problem.
Anyways as far as my car goes, I haven't had any issues at all.
A few of the lads at the local club had that issue hence I knew about it.
The slipper in my opinion should run looser than other cars and I find that actually makes the car accelarate even better with full traction rather than wheelspin.
It does take a little getting used to adjusting the slipper but when it's right it's fantastic. In real loose condition add some weight in the centre spine and if it's bumpy - apart from that you have a good car so enjoy!
Anything else you need just ask - plenty of Kyosho lads on the forum causing madness and willing to help out LOL
Bagman
03-03-2011, 09:00 PM
Thanks again. It's all much appreciated.
You don't need longer ball studs, just put a grub screw in the unused hole of the hub and it won't happen again. Do the same on the rear hubs :thumbsup:
RogerM
04-03-2011, 08:13 AM
+1 for grub screws in the unsused holes ... I do the same at the inboard end too, hardly ever have a failure and when I do it is due to over tightening in a rush
Bagman
04-03-2011, 08:26 AM
I've already ordered the longer ball joints but I do like the grub screw idea. I think I'll go for belt and braces as I can't see a down side to that. Should be bullet proof by next weekend, what can possibly go wrong.........?
RudeTony
04-03-2011, 08:56 AM
The grub screw idea is OK till you want to use a thicker washer under the ball stud, then you are on the edge as I see it.
Also it grubby conditions who wants to be cleaning up grub screws to change a ball stud and so on ......
The longer ball stud is a scanario where you can put your mortgage on it - LOL
Hey, Fabs - don't you drive a Tamiya 511??
Bagman
04-03-2011, 09:21 AM
I've already got the mortgage tied up in other areas of the car. I still think I'll do both. Looking at the indoor and outdoor settings I plan to use they'll probably be in the same place for both.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.