Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-03-2011
Bagman Bagman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Birmingham for now
Posts: 285
Default FS2 Hub carriers

Hi all, is it possible to buy alloy front hub carriers? I've done a little bit of searching and not been able to come up with anything, though I have found the rears.

Any help would be appreciated.
__________________
DEX 410, ZX-5 FS2, Losi 22.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-03-2011
RudeTony's Avatar
RudeTony RudeTony is offline
oOple Advertiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sunningdale, Surrey
Posts: 1,617
Default

Normally people ask this question because their ball joints have pulled out of the top of the hub. Change the ball studs for the longer type and you will be fine with small problem solved - Alloy ones not available - only the rears in alloy
Hope this helps
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-03-2011
Bagman Bagman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Birmingham for now
Posts: 285
Default

You must be psychic, got it in one. You don't know the numbers for those longer parts do you?
__________________
DEX 410, ZX-5 FS2, Losi 22.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-03-2011
RudeTony's Avatar
RudeTony RudeTony is offline
oOple Advertiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sunningdale, Surrey
Posts: 1,617
Default

LOL -
UM128 is the longer ones - the same as the rear hubs
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-03-2011
Bagman Bagman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Birmingham for now
Posts: 285
Default

Thanks again. It's been my only issue so far, what else might I expect or is that it. I'm well impressed with it at the moment.
__________________
DEX 410, ZX-5 FS2, Losi 22.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-03-2011
RudeTony's Avatar
RudeTony RudeTony is offline
oOple Advertiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sunningdale, Surrey
Posts: 1,617
Default

I haven't had any troubles with the standard size to be honest but when taken in and out a few times it's the same as any plastic it can loosen and then yu have the problem.
Anyways as far as my car goes, I haven't had any issues at all.
A few of the lads at the local club had that issue hence I knew about it.
The slipper in my opinion should run looser than other cars and I find that actually makes the car accelarate even better with full traction rather than wheelspin.
It does take a little getting used to adjusting the slipper but when it's right it's fantastic. In real loose condition add some weight in the centre spine and if it's bumpy - apart from that you have a good car so enjoy!
Anything else you need just ask - plenty of Kyosho lads on the forum causing madness and willing to help out LOL
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-03-2011
Bagman Bagman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Birmingham for now
Posts: 285
Default

Thanks again. It's all much appreciated.
__________________
DEX 410, ZX-5 FS2, Losi 22.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-03-2011
Fabs Fabs is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,133
Default

You don't need longer ball studs, just put a grub screw in the unused hole of the hub and it won't happen again. Do the same on the rear hubs
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-03-2011
RogerM's Avatar
RogerM RogerM is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The middle of off-road nowhere ----- Cheltenham
Posts: 4,258
Default

+1 for grub screws in the unsused holes ... I do the same at the inboard end too, hardly ever have a failure and when I do it is due to over tightening in a rush
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-03-2011
Bagman Bagman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Birmingham for now
Posts: 285
Default

I've already ordered the longer ball joints but I do like the grub screw idea. I think I'll go for belt and braces as I can't see a down side to that. Should be bullet proof by next weekend, what can possibly go wrong.........?
__________________
DEX 410, ZX-5 FS2, Losi 22.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-03-2011
RudeTony's Avatar
RudeTony RudeTony is offline
oOple Advertiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sunningdale, Surrey
Posts: 1,617
Default

The grub screw idea is OK till you want to use a thicker washer under the ball stud, then you are on the edge as I see it.
Also it grubby conditions who wants to be cleaning up grub screws to change a ball stud and so on ......
The longer ball stud is a scanario where you can put your mortgage on it - LOL

Hey, Fabs - don't you drive a Tamiya 511??
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-03-2011
Bagman Bagman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Birmingham for now
Posts: 285
Default

I've already got the mortgage tied up in other areas of the car. I still think I'll do both. Looking at the indoor and outdoor settings I plan to use they'll probably be in the same place for both.
__________________
DEX 410, ZX-5 FS2, Losi 22.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com