View Full Version : rc help
Rcnitrotech
26-03-2011, 11:10 AM
hi i am new to buggy racing and was woundering if this would be any good to race at bury metro
kyosho lazer 5 4wd 4500 mah for £70 ?
thanks:thumbsup:
coleman758
26-03-2011, 11:42 AM
hi i am new to buggy racing and was woundering if this would be any good to race at bury metro
kyosho lazer 5 4wd 4500 mah for £70 ?
thanks:thumbsup:
I'm not sure about lazer's, Mattb is the guy to speak too.
They are 4wd, so you need to decide what class to run in.
4wd is very fast and very competitive.
Its sounds cheap enough!
captainlip
26-03-2011, 11:45 AM
matt will be on his way soon, i'll leave this to the lazer expert :thumbsup: £70 to start racing sounds good though, ive spent in excess of £1000 since ive started :lol:
coleman758
26-03-2011, 11:46 AM
matt will be on his way soon, i'll leave this to the lazer expert :thumbsup: £70 to start racing sounds good though, ive spent in excess of £1000 since ive started :lol:
Ditto, With the 22 just paid for and a few more bits and bobs i'm up to about £300 just last week haha
Is that £70 RTR? what actually is included?
Dont forget you will probably need a charger and battery. Thats best part of £150 if its not included.
Si Coe
26-03-2011, 12:18 PM
In theory yes its good, but it depends on a lot of other stuff. I'd need a better look before I'd say go for it....
Rcnitrotech
26-03-2011, 12:30 PM
it is rtr with charger, battery (7.2v 4500) remote car with electronics etc and £5 to post so:
£75 alltogether :woot:
Si Coe
26-03-2011, 12:51 PM
Yes, but what electrics are they? The RTR Lazer is almost totally different from the FS2's Matt and Buds run, but its not a bad starting platform. However, the stock electrics (if thats what its got) are very slow which will make it easier to drive, but gets a bit depressing when everyone blasts past you on the straights like you aren't moving!
Also depends on the condition. They are now going for £170 brand new.
Rcnitrotech
26-03-2011, 01:21 PM
this is a pic of it and its a kyosho lazer zx-5
captainlip
26-03-2011, 01:25 PM
personally id take it, it'll get you racing for peanuts and you will soon get hooked and ungrade the electics to be competative :thumbsup:
mattb
26-03-2011, 01:54 PM
this is a pic of it and its a kyosho lazer zx-5seriousley mate,i wouldent buy it they have plastic drive cups and cv joints which just arent upto it and the steel ones are near £40 a pair to replace them!!
mattb
26-03-2011, 05:10 PM
this is a pic of it and its a kyosho lazer zx-5this is much better
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/kyosho-lazer-zx5-sp-4wd-buggy-spares-vgc-/160562989914?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item25624ccb5a
tisher
26-03-2011, 05:48 PM
Thats the same lazer i am running at the moment with a 5.5ezrun in it its doing alright done five meets with it upto now and not broke a thing got A final 2nd at ribble with it last night as well:thumbsup:the whole car with lipos and tranny etc has cost me less than £300 although I do have a silly spare car just in case :woot: just had a look at the car on ebay looks a bit abused tbh have a look at this one got all the bits on it you need to make them reliable like matt said
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KYOSHO-LAZER-ZX5-4-WHEEL-DRIVE-BUGGY-CARBON-/330545293804?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item4cf608e9ec
Rcnitrotech
26-03-2011, 06:41 PM
i only looked at that buggy because it was cheap and rtr and got lots of parts if they were going around£100 then i would get a associated b4 eg it isnt bidding
tisher
26-03-2011, 06:44 PM
problem with buying the 70quid one is you will end up spending a fortune to get it competitive if your looking for rtr look for somthing thats brushless
captainlip
26-03-2011, 06:48 PM
just get a b4 and have done with it.... 2wd makes you a better driver when you want to make the step to 4wd as its much faster. there are usually 1 sometimes 2 full heats for 2wd.
bargain 1 hour left
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TEAM-ASSOCIATED-B4-1-FACTORY-TEAM-/200588631209?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item2eb4039ca9
brand new rtr ( i started out with this, plenty of power for first time racing)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Team-Associated-RC10B4-1-Brushless-2-4GHz-RTR-/300539060138?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item45f9861faa
another
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FACTORY-TEAM-ASSOCIATED-RC10-B4-/170619976877?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item27b9be3cad
looks smart, has the springs recommended already
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/associated-b4-factory-team-buggy-/320676665239?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item4aa9d19797
if money is no option....
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Team-Associated-B4-LRP-TC-Spec-Esc-X12-Motor-VTEC-/350450546922?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item51987af8ea
coolcars782
26-03-2011, 06:53 PM
brand new rtr ( i started out with this, plenty of power for first time racing)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Team-Associated-RC10B4-1-Brushless-2-4GHz-RTR-/300539060138?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item45f9861faa
Not brand new
captainlip
26-03-2011, 07:03 PM
Not brand new
you could get that for £150 easy
coolcars782
26-03-2011, 07:05 PM
why dont you read the description of that ebay listing :lol:
Si Coe
26-03-2011, 07:10 PM
If you find a cheap rolling chassis (ie no electrics) post on here and I'm sure we can do something about that - lots of us have old spare brushed gear we could supply to get you racing, I suspect some will have an old RTR radio somewhere etc.
I think this is something we need to look at more as a club - Last year I flogged Whiskers my old Cat'98 dirt cheap and it was ideal for getting him racing. If anyone else has some old but raceworthy gear sitting around that might be ideal for a new driver like rcnitrotech let me know. It doesn't need to be that competitive but easy to drive and more useful than a Master Smacker! I think its a great way to encourage new drivers and get rid of our old tat at the same time!
Rcnitrotech
26-03-2011, 07:25 PM
that is one of the problems with rolling chassis i have about £130 max and i dont no where or what electronics i need or how to install them
that might be somethink i will look into getting rolling chassi and spending money on electronics :D i shall have a look now
and that sounds a good idea seeling old buggys for newbis
coleman758
26-03-2011, 07:58 PM
I think my B4 will be up for sale soon.
I've just got the losi 22.
I guess its all down to budget. I have a 27mhz radio going spare!
If you want to get into it i'm sure between us all and your bufget we can get you sorted.!
Si Coe
26-03-2011, 08:01 PM
Basically you'll need a radio set which can be had as cheap as £35 (http://www.jespares.com/electric-models?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=10220&category_id=504) for a basic 2.4ghz set. But as I said, given that RTR's come with a radio set that many buyers don't want the chances are you can pick up a 2nd hand but unused set for even less than that.
You'll need a motor and an esc - brushless is best but brushed is fine to start with. Nobody races brushed anymore, so high quality brushed gear sells on ebay for little more than the postage.
Only the charger and the batteries need to be added.
But I reckon I can probably make you up something that works for around £150. I've got a spare Bmax, a spare transmitter and receiver, and a spare motor/esc. I've even got some spare lipos that would fit it. You'd still need to get a charger though.
And I know £150 is more than £130, but I might not need it all up front. Whiskers paid in installments!
coleman758
26-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Well I have a 27mhz radio set you can have for buck shee.
Si Coe
26-03-2011, 08:07 PM
OK, sooo
Lets say:
Bmax + 2x 3200 Lipos - About £100?
Ezrun 9t brushless esc and motor £30?
Radio - Free from Coleman (what a nice person!)
You just need a charger and you are good to go.
coleman758
26-03-2011, 08:10 PM
OK, sooo
Lets say:
Bmax + 2x 3200 Lipos - About £100?
Ezrun 9t brushless esc and motor £30?
Radio - Free from Coleman (what a nice person!)
You just need a charger and you are good to go.
If he wants to go for a Nimh Pack. I have an 3000mah pack and a charger :thumbsup:
Or i can sell you my B4 and si coe can sort your electrics! the choice is yours! a great entry to racing in either 2wd or 4wd.
Edit ( I don't have any crystals for the radio. So you would have to get some i think there only about a sky diver!)
Whiskers
26-03-2011, 08:11 PM
I have a spare set of crystals!
coleman758
26-03-2011, 08:13 PM
I have a spare set of crystals!
Whooo arn't we a helpful bunch!
Rcnitrotech
27-03-2011, 06:57 PM
thanks for help not sure yet but i went and got my self a race day case for when i get a buggy :thumbsup:
coleman758
27-03-2011, 07:03 PM
thanks for help not sure yet but i went and got my self a race day case for when i get a buggy :thumbsup:
Good stuff.
My B4 is in the for-sale section now also.
If you need any more help you know were to post!
The Bod
27-03-2011, 07:30 PM
Good stuff.
My B4 is in the for-sale section now also.
If you need any more help you know were to post!
Could be a good purchase if the price is right as this car has only raced once at Bury and a couple at Ribble, so not done much work yet :woot:
mattb
27-03-2011, 07:36 PM
thanks for help not sure yet but i went and got my self a race day case for when i get a buggy :thumbsup:you have a pm:thumbsup:
coleman758
27-03-2011, 07:36 PM
Could be a good purchase if the price is right as this car has only raced once at Bury and a couple at Ribble, so not done much work yet :woot:
Tis very true!
I just can't stop spending money thats my problem! hence the 22!
i think i've nearly done a deal on a B-Max (not 100% yet) so i will have a 4wd to go with my 22 haha!!
I've been doing ok at ribble valley been 1st and 2nd most times in the B class.
kitesurfer73
27-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Get the b max good solid car,i normally finish around 1st, 2nd b finals as well at ribble:D,am the one that shouts at myself on rostrum lol.i have a muti coloured b max.
have you built the 22 yet?
Wats u take on it?
coleman758
27-03-2011, 08:11 PM
Get the b max good solid car,i normally finish around 1st, 2nd b finals as well at ribble:D,am the one that shouts at myself on rostrum lol.i have a muti coloured b max.
have you built the 22 yet?
Wats u take on it?
At the moment...
Its great! i have had an easy build. Had the car out on the road to test it all but thats about it.
I will be at ribble valley friday to give it a blast! your the chap with the 4wd (and tisher) thats always in front of me! i am driving a 2wd though :woot:
Si Coe
27-03-2011, 08:46 PM
No, Mark's the guy with the 4wd is always in the pits! His Bmax never goes wrong mechanically, but electrically its a disaster. His radios never work, his esc's cut out and his servo's die, so he's never on the track!
I don't tend to win much at Ribble, but then thats mostly as I make the A final.....
Si Coe
27-03-2011, 08:51 PM
OK - Rcnitrotech. You need to contact Coleman about his B4. I reckon between Coleman and myself we can put you together a B4, with radio and an ezrun 9t brushless system inside your budget. I can lend you a lipo pack to get you going, so all you need is a charger (and a pack eventually). But you need to speak to Coleman before his car sells!
Rcnitrotech
27-03-2011, 08:51 PM
whats the adreas for the ribble drive club ?
coleman758
27-03-2011, 08:58 PM
Wellfield Business & Enterprise College, Leyland, Preston, PR25 2TP
Come down and have a look! Will be racing friday from about 7:00pm
Rcnitrotech
27-03-2011, 09:21 PM
oh thats just a bit to far for me and does anyone have nitro cars at the club because i have two one on road other of but ma off road needs new gear box:thumbdown: (sister broke it when at beach)
coleman758
27-03-2011, 09:25 PM
They are indoors... so all electric
Si Coe
27-03-2011, 09:27 PM
Officially Bury is an electric only club. But some club members do own nitros too. Mine has been in the loft for ages though as electric is just way better!
coleman758
27-03-2011, 09:29 PM
Me an Si have just been talking.
How about... £130 for a running car.
you would need to get a charger though.
Si will lend you a battery till you get one.
We will set the car up for you too so all you have to do is turn up and drive!
coleman758
27-03-2011, 09:40 PM
i could do with a yes/no on that soon as. a few people have asked me about the B4. I'm stalling but could do with knowing!
Rcnitrotech
27-03-2011, 10:09 PM
Sorry it's no thanks anyway tho for your help
coleman758
27-03-2011, 10:11 PM
Sorry it's no thanks anyway tho for your help
Thanks for the reply!
You wont get a better deal than that tough.
captainlip
27-03-2011, 10:36 PM
I agree with Coleman
I don't think we'll be seeing this guy at bury any time soon :-/
Just leave him to it and see what sh!t he turns up with lol
I wish I had this much help when I started out!
coleman758
27-03-2011, 10:44 PM
I was thinking that!
I spent about £500 getting my B4 on the track!
But i got the help... so i'm returning it :thumbsup:
captainlip
27-03-2011, 11:38 PM
Exactly! Just leave him to it! I was following this with interest expecting a new member to join, but if he don't want help from the guys who know best then just save wasting your time with him, he can't be that serious as he's listened to none of the advise you helpful guys are offering
coleman758
27-03-2011, 11:46 PM
Exactly! Just leave him to it! I was following this with interest expecting a new member to join, but if he don't want help from the guys who know best then just save wasting your time with him, he can't be that serious as he's listened to none of the advise you helpful guys are offering
:( or should it be --->:confused:
I'm asking £100 for my B4 and all my spares do you think thats reasonable?
or a tad expensive?
captainlip
28-03-2011, 12:26 AM
More than reasonable I sold my factory team with threaded shocks and bunch of spares for £180
coleman758
28-03-2011, 12:28 AM
More than reasonable I sold my factory team with threaded shocks and bunch of spares for £180
haha! your up late! i can't sleep :thumbdown:
captainlip
28-03-2011, 12:46 AM
Same! Tough times at mo!
coleman758
28-03-2011, 12:55 AM
haha i know! its all the money were spending on RC stuff....
Oscar
28-03-2011, 06:15 PM
I think there were people genuinely trying to be helpful before this, lets not let the Bury forum descend into a torrent of worthless rantings :)
IF there is another attempt to resurect this, please all Bury guys DO NOT TAKE THE BAIT ;)
coleman758
28-03-2011, 09:36 PM
I think there were people genuinely trying to be helpful before this, lets not let the Bury forum descend into a torrent of worthless rantings :)
IF there is another attempt to resurect this, please all Bury guys DO NOT TAKE THE BAIT ;)
Sorry :)
He seems to be getting up everyones nose.
take a look at the wanted threads.
can he not be banned?
captainlip
28-03-2011, 09:42 PM
Dont worry he's digging his own grave! Expecting a losi 22 for £100 what a tool!
coleman758
28-03-2011, 09:55 PM
The thing is its turning the wanted section into the Pip Squeaks an ares hole section. Its not fair on people who are actually posting wanted ads.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.