View Full Version : Great Day!
coleman758
18-09-2011, 05:00 PM
Thanks for a great day guys!
Durango ran well, apart from loosing the camber link in the final.
Some good racing going on today!!
losichris
18-09-2011, 05:32 PM
Thanks for a great day guys!
Durango ran well, apart from loosing the camber link in the final.
Some good racing going on today!!
Yes very good day. Not sure i agree with the fun class idea, was miles off the 4wd's and couldnt get a clean run to keep with the top 2wd'er
Excellent all the same :thumbsup:
coleman758
18-09-2011, 05:38 PM
Yes very good day. Not sure i agree with the fun class idea, was miles off the 4wd's and couldnt get a clean run to keep with the top 2wd'er
Excellent all the same :thumbsup:
I was the 4WD in your heat, Pink/Blue Durango.
I know what you mean. Only martin could keep up with my pace in our heat.
really i should have been in the "A" i think. The 4WD is generally alot faster.
captainlip
18-09-2011, 05:53 PM
I was the 4WD in your heat, Pink/Blue Durango.
I know what you mean. Only martin could keep up with my pace in our heat.
really i should have been in the "A" i think. The 4WD is generally alot faster.
You in the A? :woot: :p
Good days racing, for most!
Still got to find 10 seconds matt :thumbsup:
coleman758
18-09-2011, 05:56 PM
I'm working on it!!
But yea, Bottom of the "A" would have been better :p
losichris
18-09-2011, 05:57 PM
I was the 4WD in your heat, Pink/Blue Durango.
I know what you mean. Only martin could keep up with my pace in our heat.
really i should have been in the "A" i think. The 4WD is generally alot faster.
Yeah, i was a few seconds off 14 laps, just behind you 2, 4 seconds more and i would have been in the A. Picking off back markers isnt as easy as i remember :eh?:
coleman758
18-09-2011, 05:59 PM
Yeah, i was a few seconds off 14 laps, just behind you 2, 4 seconds more and i would have been in the A. Picking off back markers isnt as easy as i remember :eh?:
Haha! I know, give them there due, they do "Try" to let you go. but end up taking you out at the same time!
losichris
18-09-2011, 06:01 PM
Haha! I know, give them there due, they do "Try" to let you go. but end up taking you out at the same time!
Yeah, its not easy. I dont say 'lapping' so what can i expect!
captainlip
18-09-2011, 06:44 PM
If im going to be any good I need to start pushing it now rather than playing safe all the time :cry:
mattb
18-09-2011, 07:28 PM
I realy enjoyed today,it was good to have dan and eugene to chase,if me and rob had that every week we would improve.I recon birdy is going to stir up the bury rivalry a bit lol.
coleman758
18-09-2011, 07:40 PM
I realy enjoyed today,it was good to have dan and eugene to chase,if me and rob had that every week we would improve.I recon birdy is going to stir up the bury rivalry a bit lol.
Just wait till I get my 2WD back on track haha!!
It was good to have the Durango out again today,
I'm going to try and run both classes if I get the chance!
mattb
18-09-2011, 07:53 PM
Ive tried running 2 classes on the same day and just cant do it lol
tisher
18-09-2011, 08:12 PM
Ive tried running 2 classes on the same day and just cant do it lol
yep I know that one I struggled today running the two classes had a good laugh tho doing the same amount of laps with my truck as I did with 4wd :woot::blush: I was way of the pace with the old zx5 picked it up in the final but to be let down by young marshalls. but as they say you should not crash in the first place:thumbdown:
coleman758
18-09-2011, 08:19 PM
yep I know that one I struggled today running the two classes had a good laugh tho doing the same amount of laps with my truck as I did with 4wd :woot::blush: I was way of the pace with the old zx5 picked it up in the final but to be let down by young marshalls. but as they say you should not crash in the first place:thumbdown:
Yea the marshals In the "B" heats were pretty poor, but saying that the average age was 6!! I hit a cone when I did the doubles. The marshal stood the cone up before the car!
Some sort of Marshall buddy would be good. There is nothing wrong with young marshals as long as they know what too do.
birdy
18-09-2011, 08:28 PM
Matt give me a good few more meetings and I should get better, still trying to drive like a 8th scale.
Had top day with the Bury members, see you next weekend.
tisher
18-09-2011, 08:29 PM
Some sort of Marshall buddy would be good. There is nothing wrong with young marshals as long as they know what too do.
I think that would be a good idea I was in third place on the first lap I got clipped on the end of the four fingers and the young lad did not even attempt to get the car I was almost lapped before someone eventually turned it over like you say I have nothing against young marshalls but they need to be able to marshall and not just stand there not knowing what to do
minty
18-09-2011, 08:36 PM
thanks for a good days racing peeps. didnt do as well as i would have liked but a fun day all in all :D
super__dan
18-09-2011, 08:47 PM
Also thanks for a good day from me. Bury track has lots of potential, hope nationals consideration in future years!
Si Coe
18-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Some sort of Marshall buddy would be good. There is nothing wrong with young marshals as long as they know what too do.
What I've suggested, but have yet to properly implement, is a 'chief marshal' for each heat. That would be one of our more experienced drivers assigned to the heat to direct new/young marshals, clear the track of random children that aren't marshalling and therefore shouldn't be there, spot who didn't turn up to marshal on time and act as a sort of race steward in the event of deliberately dubious driving (Bains you know what I'm talking about!). It should also allow the computer to be set to auto as Rog wouldn't need to stay at race control with some else monitoring the track. If we can acquire a cheap radio mic the chief marshal could even use the PA.
Problem is it means those folks doing it will have to marshal their regular heat, and also the 'chief marshal' heat, which is asking a bit much.
coleman758
19-09-2011, 10:36 AM
It could do with something :thumbsup:
Just so they know what to do. Half of the time the kid are more up for marshaling than driving :woot::woot:
losichris
19-09-2011, 11:03 AM
What I've suggested, but have yet to properly implement, is a 'chief marshal' for each heat. That would be one of our more experienced drivers assigned to the heat to direct new/young marshals, clear the track of random children that aren't marshalling and therefore shouldn't be there, spot who didn't turn up to marshal on time and act as a sort of race steward in the event of deliberately dubious driving (Bains you know what I'm talking about!). It should also allow the computer to be set to auto as Rog wouldn't need to stay at race control with some else monitoring the track. If we can acquire a cheap radio mic the chief marshal could even use the PA.
Problem is it means those folks doing it will have to marshal their regular heat, and also the 'chief marshal' heat, which is asking a bit much.
Not sure this would work for club meetings, as its difficult enough to get people to come out and marshall on time, if at all! So cant see many wanting to be 'chief marshall'
But this subject brings me back to the 'fun class' idea. Having heats run in ability means that young kids are likely to be in the same heat, so unfortunatly the heat that follows has a problem.
I know its pathetic and only a bit of fun, but its quite frustrating pushing for laps then being sat on your roof for 10 seconds because someones trying to flip your car over ' only to be re fliping it back on its roof ' :lol:
tisher
19-09-2011, 04:27 PM
Not sure this would work for club meetings, as its difficult enough to get people to come out and marshall on time, if at all! So cant see many wanting to be 'chief marshall'
But this subject brings me back to the 'fun class' idea. Having heats run in ability means that young kids are likely to be in the same heat, so unfortunatly the heat that follows has a problem.
I know its pathetic and only a bit of fun, but its quite frustrating pushing for laps then being sat on your roof for 10 seconds because someones trying to flip your car over ' only to be re fliping it back on its roof ' :lol:
I see your point on this one but I personaly like the fun class as sometimes I like to switch cars for different heats. the problem with running seprate heats is you can end up with 2 or 3 cars in a final. but not all the youngsters are low abilty the likes of young jack he was in the A final on sunday and he drives a 2wd. I think he is only 9ish .It just needs people to help out a bit more with marshalling there is plenty of people knocking around to help
captainlip
19-09-2011, 04:36 PM
It just needs people to help out a bit more with marshalling there is plenty of people knocking around to help
second that, sometimes there is a long wait for marshals to get out, I had no excuse for one of them! :lol:
also be in a spot where you can get a car turned over, not sitting on the fence 20feet from the racing point. :confused:
budfish
19-09-2011, 07:14 PM
also be in a spot where you can get a car turned over, not sitting on the fence 20feet from the racing point. :confused:
I know what you mean and it can ruin your day :mad:
Deano
19-09-2011, 07:36 PM
I've not been coming to the club long but still feel compelled to comment and hope it doesn't offend coming from a "newbie" even though I did used to race at another club many years ago so I'm not exactly a total novice.
I think the little uns do a great job considering it must be pretty scary for them having possibly several very rapid 4wd buggies bearing down on them.
We all know what it's like trying your best to prevent someone losing precious seconds whilst avoiding getting hit and trying not to step on any passing buggies.
Don't forget also that little hands might not find it so easy to grab onto bits of flapping lexan sometimes.
tisher
19-09-2011, 08:56 PM
I've not been coming to the club long but still feel compelled to comment and hope it doesn't offend coming from a "newbie" even though I did used to race at another club many years ago so I'm not exactly a total novice.
I think the little uns do a great job considering it must be pretty scary for them having possibly several very rapid 4wd buggies bearing down on them.
We all know what it's like trying your best to prevent someone losing precious seconds whilst avoiding getting hit and trying not to step on any passing buggies.
Don't forget also that little hands might not find it so easy to grab onto bits of flapping lexan sometimes.
This is true of some the kids are fantastic but some arnt when my little one is racing I either marshall with him if I have time or I always make sure he marshalls part of the track which is slow and tends not to have to many crashes.. its just about everyone helping a bit more. The A final on Sunday there was a young lad Marshalling the end part of the four humps In my opinion the worst part of the track. really this is where the adults should be doing there bit to put the little ones on easier parts of the track.. if I am in a heat with some young ones I aways try and shift them about a bit to make it safer for them and better for the drivers in the heat
bandit
19-09-2011, 09:17 PM
This is true of some the kids are fantastic but some arnt when my little one is racing I either marshall with him if I have time or I always make sure he marshalls part of the track which is slow and tends not to have to many crashes.. its just about everyone helping a bit more. The A final on Sunday there was a young lad Marshalling the end part of the four humps In my opinion the worst part of the track. really this is where the adults should be doing there bit to put the little ones on easier parts of the track.. if I am in a heat with some young ones I aways try and shift them about a bit to make it safer for them and better for the drivers in the heat
I agree with tishers comments, placing them if they have to marshall in a quiet spot and better even taking the place of the youngster (or help assist them)
losichris
19-09-2011, 09:37 PM
I've not been coming to the club long but still feel compelled to comment and hope it doesn't offend coming from a "newbie" even though I did used to race at another club many years ago so I'm not exactly a total novice.
I think the little uns do a great job considering it must be pretty scary for them having possibly several very rapid 4wd buggies bearing down on them.
We all know what it's like trying your best to prevent someone losing precious seconds whilst avoiding getting hit and trying not to step on any passing buggies.
Don't forget also that little hands might not find it so easy to grab onto bits of flapping lexan sometimes.
This is in no way a knock at young drivers nor their marshalling skills, it would just help if some of the 'very' young ones where supervised by their parents, wouldnt want a little marshall running on the back straight to rescue a pile up while cars are hurling past!! Not safe at all , Nearly happened a few times on Sunday!
The race controller
20-09-2011, 06:16 PM
I think a bigger PA is called for.
Every time I shout for marshals You lot can't hear me.
So don't knock the kids.
budfish
20-09-2011, 07:41 PM
I think a bigger PA is called for.
Every time I shout for marshals You lot can't hear me.
So don't knock the kids.
Just go out and buy the best one suitable for the job that's why we agreed to put the cost of racing up by 40% at the last AGM to provide the club with what it needs if we need one and have the money in the bank or your knicker draw that's what it is there for JUST BUY IT!!!!!!
Si Coe
20-09-2011, 09:40 PM
Don't need a bigger PA, just better speaker placement. The speakers aren't really set for being heard in the pits.
The amp can handle a couple more channels, we could just run some smaller speakers down to where people pit.
But really people go straight out to marshal after their heat, so there should be no need to call!
As for the junior marshals: They are keen, but not that good or careful. They want to marshal where its busy, so will grab those spots first. And they don't have to service their own cars, so will happily marshal even when its not their turn. What concerns me is the number of adults who turn up to marshal, see all the marshal points filled with kids, and figuring that everything is covered sit on the fence for 5 mins.
Perhaps we need the numbered cones back?
However, marshals aren't my concern from Sunday. What bothers me is that I understand that in my absence, Rob was left alone to clear the track. This is simply not good enough. Too many people are speeding away the second their final finishes. Finals are often short of marshals due to people not even staying the 5 mins needed to do that.
This is going to become an ever more serious issue as winter approaches and the days get shorter - I have no intention of clearing the track alone in the dark - you raced on it, you help put it away! And I mean all away, not just I pulled a few nails out so I'm done......
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.