Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 18-09-2011
coleman758 coleman758 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In a model shop spending more money!
Posts: 2,148
Default Great Day!

Thanks for a great day guys!

Durango ran well, apart from loosing the camber link in the final.
Some good racing going on today!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 18-09-2011
losichris losichris is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Chorlton,Manchester
Posts: 870
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleman758 View Post
Thanks for a great day guys!

Durango ran well, apart from loosing the camber link in the final.
Some good racing going on today!!
Yes very good day. Not sure i agree with the fun class idea, was miles off the 4wd's and couldnt get a clean run to keep with the top 2wd'er
Excellent all the same
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 18-09-2011
coleman758 coleman758 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In a model shop spending more money!
Posts: 2,148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losichris View Post
Yes very good day. Not sure i agree with the fun class idea, was miles off the 4wd's and couldnt get a clean run to keep with the top 2wd'er
Excellent all the same
I was the 4WD in your heat, Pink/Blue Durango.

I know what you mean. Only martin could keep up with my pace in our heat.
really i should have been in the "A" i think. The 4WD is generally alot faster.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 18-09-2011
captainlip captainlip is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North West
Posts: 2,540
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleman758 View Post
I was the 4WD in your heat, Pink/Blue Durango.

I know what you mean. Only martin could keep up with my pace in our heat.
really i should have been in the "A" i think. The 4WD is generally alot faster.
You in the A?

Good days racing, for most!

Still got to find 10 seconds matt
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 18-09-2011
coleman758 coleman758 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In a model shop spending more money!
Posts: 2,148
Default

I'm working on it!!

But yea, Bottom of the "A" would have been better
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 18-09-2011
losichris losichris is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Chorlton,Manchester
Posts: 870
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleman758 View Post
I was the 4WD in your heat, Pink/Blue Durango.

I know what you mean. Only martin could keep up with my pace in our heat.
really i should have been in the "A" i think. The 4WD is generally alot faster.
Yeah, i was a few seconds off 14 laps, just behind you 2, 4 seconds more and i would have been in the A. Picking off back markers isnt as easy as i remember
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 18-09-2011
coleman758 coleman758 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In a model shop spending more money!
Posts: 2,148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losichris View Post
Yeah, i was a few seconds off 14 laps, just behind you 2, 4 seconds more and i would have been in the A. Picking off back markers isnt as easy as i remember
Haha! I know, give them there due, they do "Try" to let you go. but end up taking you out at the same time!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 18-09-2011
losichris losichris is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Chorlton,Manchester
Posts: 870
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleman758 View Post
Haha! I know, give them there due, they do "Try" to let you go. but end up taking you out at the same time!
Yeah, its not easy. I dont say 'lapping' so what can i expect!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 18-09-2011
captainlip captainlip is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North West
Posts: 2,540
Default

If im going to be any good I need to start pushing it now rather than playing safe all the time
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 18-09-2011
mattb's Avatar
mattb mattb is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Rochdale
Posts: 1,089
Default

I realy enjoyed today,it was good to have dan and eugene to chase,if me and rob had that every week we would improve.I recon birdy is going to stir up the bury rivalry a bit lol.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 18-09-2011
coleman758 coleman758 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In a model shop spending more money!
Posts: 2,148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb View Post
I realy enjoyed today,it was good to have dan and eugene to chase,if me and rob had that every week we would improve.I recon birdy is going to stir up the bury rivalry a bit lol.
Just wait till I get my 2WD back on track haha!!

It was good to have the Durango out again today,
I'm going to try and run both classes if I get the chance!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 18-09-2011
mattb's Avatar
mattb mattb is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Rochdale
Posts: 1,089
Default

Ive tried running 2 classes on the same day and just cant do it lol
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 18-09-2011
tisher's Avatar
tisher tisher is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stockport
Posts: 916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb View Post
Ive tried running 2 classes on the same day and just cant do it lol

yep I know that one I struggled today running the two classes had a good laugh tho doing the same amount of laps with my truck as I did with 4wd I was way of the pace with the old zx5 picked it up in the final but to be let down by young marshalls. but as they say you should not crash in the first place
__________________
BRONSON PRODUCTION
tHE ONE MAN RACING TEAM
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 18-09-2011
coleman758 coleman758 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In a model shop spending more money!
Posts: 2,148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tisher View Post
yep I know that one I struggled today running the two classes had a good laugh tho doing the same amount of laps with my truck as I did with 4wd I was way of the pace with the old zx5 picked it up in the final but to be let down by young marshalls. but as they say you should not crash in the first place
Yea the marshals In the "B" heats were pretty poor, but saying that the average age was 6!! I hit a cone when I did the doubles. The marshal stood the cone up before the car!

Some sort of Marshall buddy would be good. There is nothing wrong with young marshals as long as they know what too do.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 18-09-2011
birdy's Avatar
birdy birdy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tyldesley
Posts: 880
Send a message via MSN to birdy
Default

Matt give me a good few more meetings and I should get better, still trying to drive like a 8th scale.

Had top day with the Bury members, see you next weekend.
__________________
Bury Metro - Club Chairman

www.bmrcc.co.uk
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 18-09-2011
tisher's Avatar
tisher tisher is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stockport
Posts: 916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleman 758 View Post

Some sort of Marshall buddy would be good. There is nothing wrong with young marshals as long as they know what too do.

I think that would be a good idea I was in third place on the first lap I got clipped on the end of the four fingers and the young lad did not even attempt to get the car I was almost lapped before someone eventually turned it over like you say I have nothing against young marshalls but they need to be able to marshall and not just stand there not knowing what to do
__________________
BRONSON PRODUCTION
tHE ONE MAN RACING TEAM
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 18-09-2011
minty minty is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 124
Default

thanks for a good days racing peeps. didnt do as well as i would have liked but a fun day all in all
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 18-09-2011
super__dan's Avatar
super__dan super__dan is offline
#1 ZX5 fan
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,482
Default

Also thanks for a good day from me. Bury track has lots of potential, hope nationals consideration in future years!
__________________


Nortech is ACE!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 18-09-2011
Si Coe's Avatar
Si Coe Si Coe is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Wigan - World of Pies!
Posts: 2,737
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleman758 View Post
Some sort of Marshall buddy would be good. There is nothing wrong with young marshals as long as they know what too do.

What I've suggested, but have yet to properly implement, is a 'chief marshal' for each heat. That would be one of our more experienced drivers assigned to the heat to direct new/young marshals, clear the track of random children that aren't marshalling and therefore shouldn't be there, spot who didn't turn up to marshal on time and act as a sort of race steward in the event of deliberately dubious driving (Bains you know what I'm talking about!). It should also allow the computer to be set to auto as Rog wouldn't need to stay at race control with some else monitoring the track. If we can acquire a cheap radio mic the chief marshal could even use the PA.
Problem is it means those folks doing it will have to marshal their regular heat, and also the 'chief marshal' heat, which is asking a bit much.
__________________

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 19-09-2011
coleman758 coleman758 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In a model shop spending more money!
Posts: 2,148
Default

It could do with something

Just so they know what to do. Half of the time the kid are more up for marshaling than driving
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com