PDA

View Full Version : Hot Trax Saturday meeting? who wants some?


styleone
19-01-2012, 01:51 AM
After a discussion earlier tonight, I thought I would put this one out there for discussion and thoughts guys! :)

If Telford Hot Trax had an opportunity to offer the club racers a Saturday afternoon meeting say once a month, would this be something that would be welcomed by you all? In short, do you want more Hot Trax racing?

Let's see a show of hands regarding the concept of another day each month we can get together and rip some carpet up?

Who is up for it folks?

d4ve
19-01-2012, 08:16 AM
Count me in for sure. :thumbsup:

Gregors
19-01-2012, 08:41 AM
If i aint hungover ill turn up:drool:

gaffer
19-01-2012, 08:50 AM
I would be interested for sure, I hope we can get it done.

Game on.

Dazzler
19-01-2012, 11:31 AM
The 'Thermalator' would be up for it... A bit of HOT Trax Action!! :lol:

Jamie B4
19-01-2012, 11:36 AM
Depends if i could get permission, depends if its outdoor or indoor? but looking forward to the midwest regional so a little bit of practice could be good!

afun1979
19-01-2012, 11:52 AM
The 'Thermalator' would be up for it... A bit of HOT Trax Action!! :lol:

4 minute racing Daz?:lol::lol::lol:

Ben Turner
19-01-2012, 11:54 AM
I'm very keen for this! Looks like I might be working Friday evenings in the future so any chance to race on a Saturday I would jump at!

afun1979
19-01-2012, 12:41 PM
The 'Thermalator' would be up for it... A bit of HOT Trax Action!! :lol:

A few of you may have guessed last night but i can officially announce that daz has just signed a new sponsorship deal with Thinsulate.
This will continue his quest to keep every lap a "hot" lap.:lol:

styleone
20-01-2012, 12:26 AM
Few so far then chaps :)

It would be great to see as many racers attending on a Saturday as we currently get on Wednesday nights, around 25/30 at present. As our lads have said during discussions, if we can get enough interest, and of course can confirm with the venue then we may be able to provide a Saturday afternoon carpet meeting indoors at our new venue (only minutes away from our previoius spot the other side of town)

If you struggle to come and join us on Wednesdays, live locally and are yet to get down to the club, or would enjoy a once a month relaxed Saturday afternoon meetong, then let us know!! It would be great to extend our opportunities to meet up and race in 2012 :D

Oh....and between us....there is a strong rumour of new track features coming very shortly!! It will really make our track 'hot' lol

Gregors
20-01-2012, 12:05 PM
As far as i know not many that race wednesdays are actully members on oople, could be wrong

Big G
20-01-2012, 12:12 PM
I'd come :)

Dazzler
20-01-2012, 01:05 PM
As far as i know not many that race wednesdays are actully members on oople, could be wrong


Gary, you are right... but we're not daft enough not to ask around on a Wednesday night too.. and between the committee members, we should have enough fingers and toes to add two numbers together :lol:

styleone
20-01-2012, 03:22 PM
I'll do a basic head count of interested parties on Wednesday and we can start to get a clear idea of numbers who may be interested :thumbsup:

d4ve
20-01-2012, 03:26 PM
Start that head count with me as I won't be in attendance :(

styleone
20-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Start that head count with me as I won't be in attendance :(

Don't worry mate, we wont forget you in your abscence :thumbsup:

styleone
21-01-2012, 01:05 AM
Good news as the Saturday head count grows!! Just had confirmation from 4 other racers who would def attend Saturday meetings at Hot Trax!! :D

Field of dreams I feel?? If you build it Dazzler.....they will come lol :)

So I think we have about 12 interested so far, I guess if we can get up to the 20 mark then it looks like it could work numbers wise....avvvviiit!!

Dyna
22-01-2012, 07:17 PM
If you dont start too early ( I hate mornings... ) and give us a couple of weeks notice i'd be up for a drive to Telford for some Saturday play :)

Dazzler
22-01-2012, 07:34 PM
You'd be more than welcome... And we are thinking an afternoon slot.. so should be accommodating! Hopefully Dave is ploughing through race dates to get some proposals together, we'll then approach the venue and confirm dates - So watch this space :thumbsup:

Wadep
25-01-2012, 10:52 PM
Will be up for some Saturday racing . will make me unlucky no. 13 lol. Am ok to help to organise some of it if required.

birch bros racing
09-02-2012, 08:20 PM
add me and my bro we will run on sats

Dazzler
10-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Saturdays...

Dave has furnished me with a list of race dates that we don't want to clash with, I will look through it and post up a few proposed / possible dates this weekend.

I will also be trying to confirm availability on the hall to ensure we can actually run on the proposed dates.

Dazzler
12-02-2012, 10:26 PM
Well, as most will know the racing calendar is very busy.. Especially as a number of our racers run different classes and series throughout the year.. To try and make the first Saturday meeting a good one, where we could all attend (non racing commitments aside), the first proposed date would be 10th March.

(this date will be confirmed for availability of the venue this week)

How does that fit in for people?

ollie
12-02-2012, 10:44 PM
10th March

Will this be in the afternoon??

If it is the afternoon then count me in champ,that works great for me
travelling over.

Dazzler
12-02-2012, 10:48 PM
It will either be late morning or early afternoon I would say, should suit most..

ollie
12-02-2012, 10:55 PM
Count me in then Daz and drag the long one along also,


:thumbsup::thumbsup::woot::woot:

Dyna
13-02-2012, 11:37 AM
Let me know the times ( start - finish ) Daz and ill come up to play :)

styleone
16-02-2012, 11:56 PM
Good to see a few extra folks are up for some Saturday rug ripping ;) I'm up for the first date as long as my new buggy is here by then! Otherwise I may be pushing a Hot Wheels around in some KnightRider pyjamas....just like it was 1982 all over again! :D

jphillips
17-02-2012, 02:14 PM
sounds great both me and my lad would come just let us know when and where

birch bros racing
18-02-2012, 09:18 AM
10th of march cool for me and my bro

Dazzler
19-02-2012, 10:46 PM
Unfortunately racing on Saturdays at our venue are not going to be viable, on both cost and availability grounds. :cry:

I'm obviously as disappointed as those who have expressed an interest will be.
:cry::cry:

Seems we'll have to make do with our ever popular Wednesday night slot.. :thumbsup: