View Full Version : Annoying
antnee
23-03-2008, 08:38 PM
:mad: I remember why I was going to get rid of my xxx-cr now, its so annoying to work on!
having to thread parts is sooo annoying!
any tips before I mash every screw I own or chuck the car?
super__dan
23-03-2008, 08:54 PM
buy a tap?
What are the quality of your allen drivers like? That could be why the heads are stripping.;)
ben
antnee
23-03-2008, 09:21 PM
When I'm putting screws in they get proper tight, then the head goes:mad:
why losi couldnt just thread them in the first place, I dont know!
tyreman
23-03-2008, 09:35 PM
When I'm putting screws in they get proper tight, then the head goes:mad:
why losi couldnt just thread them in the first place, I dont know!
You mean like Associated, X Factory, Kyosho, Hotbodies and Schumacher do:confused::eh?:
antnee
23-03-2008, 09:42 PM
I dont know about others, but xray, traxxas and associated parts Ive bought all were pre-threaded
Just pre-tap the holes with a cap head screw 4-40 and that will put a thread in the hole.
sparrow.2
23-03-2008, 10:10 PM
As dumb as it sounds a drop of spit in the hole before threading it works pretty well and makes it a whole lot easier...
That was an official recommendation from Losi about ten years ago :lol:
ashleyb4
23-03-2008, 10:17 PM
Personally i havent stripped a head yet on any of my screws in my cr and to tell you the truth when buildnig it i forgot to pre tap some parts you just have to go carefull and make sure the plastic doesnt get to hot. Just pretap all the holes make sure you use good quality allen drivers and bobs your uncle.
A
bert digler
23-03-2008, 10:25 PM
salvation ash you'll never need worry again:thumbsup:
http://alchallis.com/products/gardentap/garden_tap2202.html
:p
schmacher
25-03-2008, 04:14 PM
you act like tapping holes is like brain surgery...it's not that big of a deal
I just use an 18v cordless drill, i find they go in with ease this way:thumbsup:
That was actually a joke, please dont PM me saying you have melted the chassis:lol:
Robbiejuk
25-03-2008, 04:46 PM
Don't say that he really will take it seriously..
Northy
25-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Nor-Tech Racing shop (link below \/ ) - Tools - Taps - 4-40 tap :thumbsup:
The aero comes pre tapped:drool:
The only thing that isnt is the B44 front wishbones:lol:
ashleyb4
25-03-2008, 06:35 PM
I would hope so at that price.
A
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.