|
|||||||||||||||
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
I remember why I was going to get rid of my xxx-cr now, its so annoying to work on!having to thread parts is sooo annoying! any tips before I mash every screw I own or chuck the car?
__________________
Captain Shambles Theres nothing cables ties and tape can't fix!
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
buy a tap?
__________________
Nortech is ACE! |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
What are the quality of your allen drivers like? That could be why the heads are stripping.
![]() ben
__________________
Schumacher Racing - Reedy - Schelle - TKR - Bandicoot Bodies - MIP - Nextlevelrc - Trishbits - Moss Models |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
When I'm putting screws in they get proper tight, then the head goes
![]() why losi couldnt just thread them in the first place, I dont know!
__________________
Captain Shambles Theres nothing cables ties and tape can't fix!
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
![]()
__________________
Xray, Orca, 1UP Racing, Avid, X Factory UK, RC Disco, Hudy, RichPaint, RDT products, Screwz4rc http://www.screwz4rc.co.uk My Trader Feedback - http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...hlight=tyreman
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
I dont know about others, but xray, traxxas and associated parts Ive bought all were pre-threaded
__________________
Captain Shambles Theres nothing cables ties and tape can't fix!
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Just pre-tap the holes with a cap head screw 4-40 and that will put a thread in the hole.
__________________
Schumacher Racing - Reedy - Schelle - TKR - Bandicoot Bodies - MIP - Nextlevelrc - Trishbits - Moss Models |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
As dumb as it sounds a drop of spit in the hole before threading it works pretty well and makes it a whole lot easier...
That was an official recommendation from Losi about ten years ago
|
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
Personally i havent stripped a head yet on any of my screws in my cr and to tell you the truth when buildnig it i forgot to pre tap some parts you just have to go carefull and make sure the plastic doesnt get to hot. Just pretap all the holes make sure you use good quality allen drivers and bobs your uncle.
A
__________________
Ashley Williams I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves! |
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
__________________
who knows who cares
|
|
#11
|
|||
|
|||
|
you act like tapping holes is like brain surgery...it's not that big of a deal
|
|
#12
|
||||
|
||||
|
I just use an 18v cordless drill, i find they go in with ease this way
That was actually a joke, please dont PM me saying you have melted the chassis
|
|
#13
|
|||
|
|||
|
Don't say that he really will take it seriously..
__________________
Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M "The Japanese Sniper" Team Autocare & Cycles |
|
#14
|
||||
|
||||
|
Nor-Tech Racing shop (link below \/ ) - Tools - Taps - 4-40 tap
__________________
Graham North http://www.atomic-carbon.co.uk https://www.facebook.com/atomiccarbon https://www.facebook.com/nortechracing |
|
#15
|
||||
|
||||
|
The aero comes pre tapped
![]() The only thing that isnt is the B44 front wishbones
|
|
#16
|
||||
|
||||
|
I would hope so at that price.
A
__________________
Ashley Williams I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves! |
![]() |
|
|