PDA

View Full Version : C4.1 at Worksop


julianb
19-03-2012, 08:48 AM
Hi chaps,

I ran my C4.1 at Worksop on Sunday for the first time with the Rudebits chassis. It went reasonably well, but a visual comparison with other C4.1 drivers cars on track would indicate that I'm short on mechanical grip.

Everyone seems to have their own take on what works - understandable as we all have different driving styles.

I had a revealing chat with Olly Vaux about his setup, vis a vis weight distribution, of which I'm beginning to form the opinion that it is a crucial issue with this chassis in low grip scenarios.

After the meeting I had a brief opportunity to peruse Neil Cragg and Paul Bradby's cars, which in terms of that which I could see - (shocks, springs, shell etc), looked vastly different.

Given that their cars looked absolutely dialed, I'm wondering if they might give up a little info for us mere mortals :thumbsup:

Cheers

Ju

KRob
19-03-2012, 09:31 AM
Neil's Worksop set-up is on already on the CML website :thumbsup:

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/product/C0001/setups/C4%20Neil%20Crag%20Worksop.pdf

/tobys
19-03-2012, 01:24 PM
What 7.5 was Cragg running? Reedy, Nosram, LRP or something else?

Thanks :thumbsup:

Toyman
19-03-2012, 01:58 PM
Am I right that Worksop is rather slippery? -1 rear toe looks strange.

julianb
19-03-2012, 06:36 PM
Yes, Worksop is a low grip surface - a rubberised cork effect gymnasium flooring, which I'm told gives a close representation of the clay surfaces popular in the U.S.

It's notoriously hard to get a chassis to work well.

cheers

J

julianb
19-03-2012, 06:37 PM
Neil's Worksop set-up is on already on the CML website :thumbsup:

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/product/C0001/setups/C4%20Neil%20Crag%20Worksop.pdf


Cheers, must have missed it!

Andrew Twigger
19-03-2012, 07:00 PM
I ran Neil's set up at Worksop this Sunday just gone. I assumed that there had been a typo on the set up sheet regarding the rear toe of 2 degrees and went with the 0.5's backwards resulting in total rear toe of 2.5.

I had to change a couple of things to get the amount of steering needed for this particular track (since the set up posted was from round 5). I went for a longer front camber link but found this gave too much off-power steering and so reduced a little bit of the nose weight and lengthened the wheel base.

I would be very interested to see how much extra steering the new cab forward shell would have given though.

gazhillAE
19-03-2012, 09:43 PM
Neil's Worksop set-up is on already on the CML website :thumbsup:

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/product/C0001/setups/C4%20Neil%20Crag%20Worksop.pdf

That's a setup and a half! :blush: