Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Associated

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 19-03-2012
julianb's Avatar
julianb julianb is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Earth...
Posts: 604
Default C4.1 at Worksop

Hi chaps,

I ran my C4.1 at Worksop on Sunday for the first time with the Rudebits chassis. It went reasonably well, but a visual comparison with other C4.1 drivers cars on track would indicate that I'm short on mechanical grip.

Everyone seems to have their own take on what works - understandable as we all have different driving styles.

I had a revealing chat with Olly Vaux about his setup, vis a vis weight distribution, of which I'm beginning to form the opinion that it is a crucial issue with this chassis in low grip scenarios.

After the meeting I had a brief opportunity to peruse Neil Cragg and Paul Bradby's cars, which in terms of that which I could see - (shocks, springs, shell etc), looked vastly different.

Given that their cars looked absolutely dialed, I'm wondering if they might give up a little info for us mere mortals

Cheers

Ju
__________________
Joo's Paint Kingmax Servos Optipower Yokomo
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 19-03-2012
KRob's Avatar
KRob KRob is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Swingrove
Posts: 608
Default

Neil's Worksop set-up is on already on the CML website

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/pro...%20Worksop.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 19-03-2012
/tobys /tobys is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leicestershire
Posts: 1,370
Default

What 7.5 was Cragg running? Reedy, Nosram, LRP or something else?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 19-03-2012
Toyman Toyman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 97
Default

Am I right that Worksop is rather slippery? -1 rear toe looks strange.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 19-03-2012
julianb's Avatar
julianb julianb is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Earth...
Posts: 604
Default

Yes, Worksop is a low grip surface - a rubberised cork effect gymnasium flooring, which I'm told gives a close representation of the clay surfaces popular in the U.S.

It's notoriously hard to get a chassis to work well.

cheers

J
__________________
Joo's Paint Kingmax Servos Optipower Yokomo
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 19-03-2012
julianb's Avatar
julianb julianb is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Earth...
Posts: 604
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRob View Post
Neil's Worksop set-up is on already on the CML website

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/pro...%20Worksop.pdf

Cheers, must have missed it!
__________________
Joo's Paint Kingmax Servos Optipower Yokomo
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 19-03-2012
Andrew Twigger's Avatar
Andrew Twigger Andrew Twigger is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lincolnshire
Posts: 317
Default

I ran Neil's set up at Worksop this Sunday just gone. I assumed that there had been a typo on the set up sheet regarding the rear toe of 2 degrees and went with the 0.5's backwards resulting in total rear toe of 2.5.

I had to change a couple of things to get the amount of steering needed for this particular track (since the set up posted was from round 5). I went for a longer front camber link but found this gave too much off-power steering and so reduced a little bit of the nose weight and lengthened the wheel base.

I would be very interested to see how much extra steering the new cab forward shell would have given though.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 19-03-2012
gazhillAE gazhillAE is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 1,749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRob View Post
Neil's Worksop set-up is on already on the CML website

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/pro...%20Worksop.pdf
That's a setup and a half!
__________________
Gareth Hill
Schumacher - Sanwa - LRP - Mb models
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com