oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electrics (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   KO Esprit 3 & Servo Settings (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11628)

peetbee 16-06-2008 07:54 AM

KO Esprit 3 & Servo Settings
 
Hi, I've just got an Esprit 3 with spektrum and am after some advice.
In the manual there is a page telling you what servos are compatible with HRS & HSS, but doesn't seem to tell you what to do if you have a servo that's not compatible.

Basically I setup a Hitec HS82MG fine but the next time I came to use it the motor had seized solid. I'm trying to find out it that was down to a setting on the transmitter or if it just blew on it's own accord.
(I don't want to blow another servo!)

Thanks

sosidge 16-06-2008 02:03 PM

Now as far as I know the HRS rules only applies if you are using KOs own reciever, so if you have the Spektrum module it will be Spektrums rules that apply.

Servo probably blew on its own - one way you can blow servos is by overdriving them if you set the endpoints wrong, make sure the servo doesn't buzz at full travel.

Lee 16-06-2008 02:20 PM

NO not true, i blew 2 servos in my 8th car using a futaba reciever by having the response set wrong, turn it down from the top setting and you will be fine:thumbsup:

I had the same symptoms, you will probably find that the case is melted slightly where the motor is :lol:

Richard Lowe 26-06-2008 03:32 PM

Out of interest which modes are compatible with the Spektrum Pro module and micro reciever, or is it just the servo that is the limitation? If certain servo's have trouble with the faster response modes then do ECS's?!

I don't see how the signal going into the servo can burn it out :confused:

Lee 26-06-2008 03:35 PM

It seems to make it twitch a bit Rich, which makes the motor get hot and melt the case and chassis :o

peetbee 30-06-2008 10:26 AM

I've got the settings turned down now and all seems well, thanks!

I know Novak do 2 versions of the GTB to allow you to run the faster response settings, but as mine is not that version it's another reason for me to run the settings lower.

Cheers


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com