Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 16-06-2008
peetbee's Avatar
peetbee peetbee is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Posts: 4,013
Default KO Esprit 3 & Servo Settings

Hi, I've just got an Esprit 3 with spektrum and am after some advice.
In the manual there is a page telling you what servos are compatible with HRS & HSS, but doesn't seem to tell you what to do if you have a servo that's not compatible.

Basically I setup a Hitec HS82MG fine but the next time I came to use it the motor had seized solid. I'm trying to find out it that was down to a setting on the transmitter or if it just blew on it's own accord.
(I don't want to blow another servo!)

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 16-06-2008
sosidge's Avatar
sosidge sosidge is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,774
Default

Now as far as I know the HRS rules only applies if you are using KOs own reciever, so if you have the Spektrum module it will be Spektrums rules that apply.

Servo probably blew on its own - one way you can blow servos is by overdriving them if you set the endpoints wrong, make sure the servo doesn't buzz at full travel.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 16-06-2008
Lee's Avatar
Lee Lee is offline
Lee-Mag
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: More north than Northy!!
Posts: 6,943
Default

NO not true, i blew 2 servos in my 8th car using a futaba reciever by having the response set wrong, turn it down from the top setting and you will be fine

I had the same symptoms, you will probably find that the case is melted slightly where the motor is
__________________



SUPER SEED


I am getting my own oOple blog !!!


Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 26-06-2008
Richard Lowe Richard Lowe is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,398
Default

Out of interest which modes are compatible with the Spektrum Pro module and micro reciever, or is it just the servo that is the limitation? If certain servo's have trouble with the faster response modes then do ECS's?!

I don't see how the signal going into the servo can burn it out
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 26-06-2008
Lee's Avatar
Lee Lee is offline
Lee-Mag
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: More north than Northy!!
Posts: 6,943
Default

It seems to make it twitch a bit Rich, which makes the motor get hot and melt the case and chassis
__________________



SUPER SEED


I am getting my own oOple blog !!!


Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 30-06-2008
peetbee's Avatar
peetbee peetbee is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Posts: 4,013
Default

I've got the settings turned down now and all seems well, thanks!

I know Novak do 2 versions of the GTB to allow you to run the faster response settings, but as mine is not that version it's another reason for me to run the settings lower.

Cheers
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com