oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electrics (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Postage of Batteries (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11720)

DaveG28 18-06-2008 01:45 PM

Postage of Batteries
 
Anyone know if we're mean't to notify postie or anything if we post someone a set of batteries, I've never worried about it but a couple of times recently have had accidental short circuyits, thinking if a jiffy bag gets bashed you never know it could cause a bang!!

I mean Nimh or LIPO for this?!

Answer-RC-Pete 18-06-2008 01:51 PM

I cant remember the full story now but I remember hearing about a pack that shorted in transit and set fire to the bag an surrounding mail!:woot:

Im not sure exactly what the script is but maybe give them a call to check first or have a nosey on their site.
Maybe a box rather than a jiffy would be wise
:thumbsup:

Pete

sosidge 18-06-2008 02:20 PM

From Royal Mails site...

Batteries (except lead acid batteries)Only send batteries in their retail packagingSurround with cushioning material and place in a suitable outer container

So, you cannot send lead acid (not that I expected you were), but strictly they should be in "retail packaging". Good luck with that.

Well wrapped in such a way that they could not short out against one another or be pierced/crushed would be sensible for non-retail-packed batteries.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com