|
|||||||||||||||
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Anyone know if we're mean't to notify postie or anything if we post someone a set of batteries, I've never worried about it but a couple of times recently have had accidental short circuyits, thinking if a jiffy bag gets bashed you never know it could cause a bang!!
I mean Nimh or LIPO for this?! |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
I cant remember the full story now but I remember hearing about a pack that shorted in transit and set fire to the bag an surrounding mail!
![]() Im not sure exactly what the script is but maybe give them a call to check first or have a nosey on their site. Maybe a box rather than a jiffy would be wise Pete |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
From Royal Mails site...
Batteries (except lead acid batteries)Only send batteries in their retail packagingSurround with cushioning material and place in a suitable outer container So, you cannot send lead acid (not that I expected you were), but strictly they should be in "retail packaging". Good luck with that. Well wrapped in such a way that they could not short out against one another or be pierced/crushed would be sensible for non-retail-packed batteries. |
![]() |
|
|