oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electrics (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Titanium Anodising wire (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121138)

bodgit 02-02-2013 05:38 PM

Titanium Anodising wire
 
Anyone know where you can buy some 1mm dia or smaller titanium wire from apart from ebay. Also would stainless steel wire act any differently when using to hang titanium to anodise.

Andyp 02-02-2013 07:07 PM

You can get it from here http://www.gaterosplating.co.uk/Anodising-Kit.php
Although it is probably the same supplier as you have found on eBay

Do a google search for Ti it should bring up some options

I'm not sure what would happen when you put stainless in the tank, I would imagine it would react maybe, as a general rule only lead,Ti and ally can go in the tank ....


This place carrys quiet a few useful items for anodising also http://www.caswelleurope.co.uk/

Just had a look on the bay myself seems a little harder to find than I thought ! I found this.....
http://www.weldmet.co.uk/shop/produc...94/hwindex.htm

Hth

bodgit 02-02-2013 07:24 PM

Thanks for the links. The ebay ads are for 5-10 meters which is way too much for what I need. I bought myself a 0-120v 1amp bench supply so going to try a range of colours.

Andyp 02-02-2013 07:47 PM

Ah I see,I thought you was wanting Titanium wire for aluminium anodising, I'm not sure of the titanium process so I'm not sure if stainless will be suitable or not

I think Gateros does a meter of 1mm titanium wire for around £5 and a couple of quid postage, it's a little expensive buying like that but if its a one off its probably not too bad


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com