Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-02-2013
bodgit's Avatar
bodgit bodgit is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: North Wales
Posts: 2,363
Default Titanium Anodising wire

Anyone know where you can buy some 1mm dia or smaller titanium wire from apart from ebay. Also would stainless steel wire act any differently when using to hang titanium to anodise.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-02-2013
Andyp's Avatar
Andyp Andyp is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: north east
Posts: 902
Default

You can get it from here http://www.gaterosplating.co.uk/Anodising-Kit.php
Although it is probably the same supplier as you have found on eBay

Do a google search for Ti it should bring up some options

I'm not sure what would happen when you put stainless in the tank, I would imagine it would react maybe, as a general rule only lead,Ti and ally can go in the tank ....


This place carrys quiet a few useful items for anodising also http://www.caswelleurope.co.uk/

Just had a look on the bay myself seems a little harder to find than I thought ! I found this.....
http://www.weldmet.co.uk/shop/produc...94/hwindex.htm

Hth
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-02-2013
bodgit's Avatar
bodgit bodgit is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: North Wales
Posts: 2,363
Default

Thanks for the links. The ebay ads are for 5-10 meters which is way too much for what I need. I bought myself a 0-120v 1amp bench supply so going to try a range of colours.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-02-2013
Andyp's Avatar
Andyp Andyp is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: north east
Posts: 902
Default

Ah I see,I thought you was wanting Titanium wire for aluminium anodising, I'm not sure of the titanium process so I'm not sure if stainless will be suitable or not

I think Gateros does a meter of 1mm titanium wire for around £5 and a couple of quid postage, it's a little expensive buying like that but if its a one off its probably not too bad
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com