oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electrics (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   What servo to buy? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12362)

budgio 14-07-2008 08:42 PM

What servo to buy?
 
I,m in the market for a new servo.Having used ..and stripped too many bog standard servos(futaba/acoms) i think i need something a bit more durable but not sure which to get.

May be looking to buy two, one for my Durga and one for my 501x but i dont really want to go mad and break the bank:)

Someone mentioned Bluebird as being durable but i,ve not heard much about them.

so any recommendations peeps?

jim76 14-07-2008 08:44 PM

bluebird are cheap for new ones, but i would have a look on ebay and here for KO 2123 ones.
I picked up two for around £30-35 each. super fast, metal gears and typical KO reliability

budgio 15-07-2008 05:10 PM

cheers Jim

RLGfx 15-07-2008 05:34 PM

Hitec HS6965s, 0.10 seconds and over 6kg torque for less than £50 brand new, I've used these myself and really rate them.:thumbsup:

budgio 15-07-2008 06:39 PM

I have recently bought HITEC tx/rx so if i can find the right servo at the price i may follow suit
Thanks

RogerM 15-07-2008 08:28 PM

I have run exclusively HiTec servos since the 90s ..... awesome reliability and very smooth with accurate centering ..... I say you can't beat them at any price for general use.

I must admit that I have just bought a 2nd hand Futaba 9550 but only because I want a low-profile for a project I have in mind, still got HiTec servos in both the RB5 and ZX5-SP

scotoap 16-07-2008 08:24 AM

I run Bluebird 631MGs in all my cars and buggies, the metal geared are best the only tip I would give is to use the rubber bushings supplied (you may have to slightly enlarge the lug hole for the fixing screws though) they take the shocks as well as servo savers.
Trackside spares is where I get mine, circa £30.00 each dekivered in UK.

budgio 16-07-2008 08:17 PM

Thanks for the input guys.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com