Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 14-07-2008
budgio's Avatar
budgio budgio is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: bicester
Posts: 1,017
Default What servo to buy?

I,m in the market for a new servo.Having used ..and stripped too many bog standard servos(futaba/acoms) i think i need something a bit more durable but not sure which to get.

May be looking to buy two, one for my Durga and one for my 501x but i dont really want to go mad and break the bank

Someone mentioned Bluebird as being durable but i,ve not heard much about them.

so any recommendations peeps?
__________________
Hobao H2 Pro
xbox/ps3/Wii U : budge1972 (add me)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 14-07-2008
jim76 jim76 is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: ruislip
Posts: 2,890
Default

bluebird are cheap for new ones, but i would have a look on ebay and here for KO 2123 ones.
I picked up two for around £30-35 each. super fast, metal gears and typical KO reliability
__________________
4wd - X4TE
2wd - X2C (Mad Rat passed down to son!)

Ansmann Racing UK


RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 15-07-2008
budgio's Avatar
budgio budgio is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: bicester
Posts: 1,017
Default

cheers Jim
__________________
Hobao H2 Pro
xbox/ps3/Wii U : budge1972 (add me)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 15-07-2008
RLGfx's Avatar
RLGfx RLGfx is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,077
Default

Hitec HS6965s, 0.10 seconds and over 6kg torque for less than £50 brand new, I've used these myself and really rate them.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 15-07-2008
budgio's Avatar
budgio budgio is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: bicester
Posts: 1,017
Default

I have recently bought HITEC tx/rx so if i can find the right servo at the price i may follow suit
Thanks
__________________
Hobao H2 Pro
xbox/ps3/Wii U : budge1972 (add me)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 15-07-2008
RogerM's Avatar
RogerM RogerM is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The middle of off-road nowhere ----- Cheltenham
Posts: 4,258
Default

I have run exclusively HiTec servos since the 90s ..... awesome reliability and very smooth with accurate centering ..... I say you can't beat them at any price for general use.

I must admit that I have just bought a 2nd hand Futaba 9550 but only because I want a low-profile for a project I have in mind, still got HiTec servos in both the RB5 and ZX5-SP
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 16-07-2008
scotoap scotoap is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 153
Default

I run Bluebird 631MGs in all my cars and buggies, the metal geared are best the only tip I would give is to use the rubber bushings supplied (you may have to slightly enlarge the lug hole for the fixing screws though) they take the shocks as well as servo savers.
Trackside spares is where I get mine, circa £30.00 each dekivered in UK.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 16-07-2008
budgio's Avatar
budgio budgio is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: bicester
Posts: 1,017
Default

Thanks for the input guys.
__________________
Hobao H2 Pro
xbox/ps3/Wii U : budge1972 (add me)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com