oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   X-Factory (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Batlet setup (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20027)

telboy 27-02-2009 09:23 AM

Batlet setup
 
Has anyone got a decent setup for Batley that they could share?
...for the X6

super__dan 27-02-2009 09:58 AM

From me, the short answer is no, as last year I ran 4wd at batley (and 2wd at Worksop). Usual kind of setup should be fine though. The hall floor can vary somewhat so there can be quite a difference between the carpet and polished floor. Fortunatly a good balance on different surfaces is one of the plus points of an X6 so you should be fine.

telboy 27-02-2009 07:28 PM

What are we talking when you say 'usual kind of set up' Dan?

Mines second hand so want to make sure its right.

:D

Lee 02-03-2009 04:00 PM

The usual Green/blue/black front spring ~ 30wt oil and a red piston and 25wt in the rear with a red piston (i am running a 3200 lipo) pink rear spring. Anti squat is personal preference. E speed hangers. A rear bar for me but again personal preference

You should be pretty close with that. the rest is just standard.

Stu 02-03-2009 04:04 PM

Dan's winning set-up from yesterday looked good.

He was giving it full beans, looked every inch a winner to me.

Stu 02-03-2009 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee (Post 213986)
The usual Green/blue/black front spring .........

Is that one triple rate spring Lee?

Lee 02-03-2009 04:18 PM

It just makes no difference which one you use Stu.

We actually went from a black to a green during the 24hr race whilst doughty was doing a stint and he didn't notice, he was more concerned about the yellow wheels on the new front end :thumbsup:

jimmy 02-03-2009 04:19 PM

Dan was like a man on the edge, that was a true display of driving excellence I have to say. :thumbsup:

super__dan 02-03-2009 05:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmy (Post 213998)
Dan was like a man on the edge, that was a true display of driving excellence I have to say. :thumbsup:

Why thank you Jimothy,

Attached setups from X6 and also X5 which I ran a couple of times to get a setup ahead of the supercup. My X6 was particularly good though, only suffering from a lack of drive on the tight section coming onto the straight, I think that was fubar tyres though which have since been retired to a bed of acetone.

Shame I can't do the regional next week.

matdodd 02-03-2009 07:21 PM

Nice one Dan I take it you won then? Any results anywhere?

telboy 02-03-2009 07:51 PM

What size holes are on the red pistons...and how many holes?

I'm not running losi shocks, so want to make sure I get as close as.:D

Lee 02-03-2009 08:05 PM

3 hole tel, number 56 sized drill.

This chart is good for comparing the pistons

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/OffRoad...istonChart.pdf

matdodd 02-03-2009 08:06 PM

Red pistons are 3 x 56 holes so id say close to a AE no2


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com