oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   X-Factory (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   X6 Weight distribution? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21844)

MHeadling 03-04-2009 03:44 PM

X6 Weight distribution?
 
Hi Chaps, Just wondering where you guys are putting the lead in the X6 and how much??

I have a strip under my lipo but have seen people putting it under speedo and behind servo.

Just wondered what the latest trend was??

Team No Idea 03-04-2009 03:54 PM

hi mark, what lipo are you runing this year that fits the X-6?
i was hoping to fit my trackpowers but they don't fit.

MHeadling 03-04-2009 03:57 PM

Track power 3600 stick packs, my saddle dont go in. I am using MG batt straps on it. Its a X6 4 gear not a X6 squared yet....

blue_pinky 03-04-2009 03:58 PM

This thread...

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20867

...talked a lot about weight just recently! The thread says it's based on the squared, but would guess that it's much the same for both, unless someone knows better?

Team No Idea 03-04-2009 04:00 PM

Awesome, cheers mark!:thumbsup:
i'll have to get something sorted, i'm still running good old fashioned cells at the moment.

MHeadling 03-04-2009 04:09 PM

Cheers for the link Blue, so it seems heavier is faster?! Ill get the lead out!!

Body Paint 04-04-2009 09:03 PM

Yep, same theory for the X-6. 65/35

I just double checked my weights and on a high grip carpet setup I am currently running at 1670g, 595g at the front wheels and 1075g on the back wheels which is 64.4/36.6

thaking 04-05-2009 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Body Paint (Post 226136)
Yep, same theory for the X-6. 65/35

I just double checked my weights and on a high grip carpet setup I am currently running at 1670g, 595g at the front wheels and 1075g on the back wheels which is 64.4/36.6

How did this work out for u

MHeadling 05-05-2009 07:53 AM

Are many of the X Factory team using brass front bulk heads? Trish had one on his X6 at the SE Regional at EPR and his car looked good on track.

Do people go for the ghea one (23g) or the Trish bits one (43g)?

Body Paint 05-05-2009 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaking (Post 237608)
How did this work out for u

I'm very happy with mine weighted this way, my X-6 and now my X6^2 are setup the same. I will start the first National of 09 with this weight.

I do not run a brass bulkhead, just 10g in the bulkhead.

Some team do run brass bulkheads some don't.

janus_77 05-05-2009 09:19 AM

I'm at a total weight of 1718, but that is with heavier dirt tires (Bigshots and 7202 fronts) for a slick clay track

Weight distribution: 36 / 64

super__dan 05-05-2009 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Body Paint (Post 237689)
I'm very happy with mine weighted this way, my X-6 and now my X6^2 are setup the same. I will start the first National of 09 with this weight.

I do not run a brass bulkhead, just 10g in the bulkhead.

Some team do run brass bulkheads some don't.

Same for me, 10g in bulkhead, no brass bulkhead, there are two reasons for this.
1) I'm tight with money ;)
2) the bulk of my forward bias weight is the 65g plate under the servo, this means I can remove it instantly with only the 2 screws that hold the servo down. This is very helpfull indeed, especially in the UK on a wet track as it stops it holding onto the turn (all credit to Ellis for this, he explained it to me).

super__dan 05-05-2009 10:09 AM

Also just to note as Northy proved to me on the weekend, to change the overall bias much you either need to be effecting the extremities of the car or ad a LOT of weight. So I bet the Trishbits 43g one at the very front of the car does more for front distribution than the 65g I have under the servo.

janus_77 05-05-2009 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by super__dan (Post 237713)
So I bet the Trishbits 43g one at the very front of the car does more for front distribution than the 65g I have under the servo.

True, but to me weight in the bulkhead makes the car more unpredictable, and makes it react a bit more slowly*. So I'd rather use more weight under the servo than less at the bulkhead to get to the right weight bias.

* more noticeable on low grip applications

super__dan 05-05-2009 11:28 AM

I agree, I'm happy to stick exactly as I have mine now (especially considering point 1 above ;) )

Body Paint 05-05-2009 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by super__dan (Post 237712)
Same for me, 10g in bulkhead, no brass bulkhead, there are two reasons for this.
1) I'm tight with money ;)
2) the bulk of my forward bias weight is the 65g plate under the servo, this means I can remove it instantly with only the 2 screws that hold the servo down. This is very helpfull indeed, especially in the UK on a wet track as it stops it holding onto the turn (all credit to Ellis for this, he explained it to me).

Ditto... I blatantly copied Dan ;):lol:

Also agree with Janus, I try to keep the weight closer to the middle of the car to keep the responsiveness.

thaking 05-05-2009 05:41 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Team No Idea (Post 225707)
hi mark, what lipo are you runing this year that fits the X-6?
i was hoping to fit my trackpowers but they don't fit.

I use trakpower saddle pack

stikkan1 07-05-2009 07:56 PM

65-35% CG(center of gravety)?
 
Anyone know where the CG (center of gravety) on the X6 with 65-35% weight distrubution?

JCJC 07-05-2009 08:13 PM

Possibly referenced in this other thread, http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20867

Post 25 on page 2, Craig Harris: "Approximately 174mm back from the centreline of the front wheels." well worth reading all the posts. I am assuming the X6 will be much the same as the squared.

stikkan1 07-05-2009 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCJC (Post 238702)
Possibly referenced in this other thread, http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20867

Post 25 on page 2, Craig Harris: "Approximately 174mm back from the centreline of the front wheels." well worth reading all the posts. I am assuming the X6 will be much the same as the squared.

Thanks, didnt see that..

1"st round in the norwegian chamionship starts saturday, and my squared isnt arrived jet:cry:


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com