Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-04-2009
MHeadling's Avatar
MHeadling MHeadling is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,241
Default X6 Weight distribution?

Hi Chaps, Just wondering where you guys are putting the lead in the X6 and how much??

I have a strip under my lipo but have seen people putting it under speedo and behind servo.

Just wondered what the latest trend was??
__________________

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-04-2009
Team No Idea's Avatar
Team No Idea Team No Idea is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sandwich
Posts: 758
Default

hi mark, what lipo are you runing this year that fits the X-6?
i was hoping to fit my trackpowers but they don't fit.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-04-2009
MHeadling's Avatar
MHeadling MHeadling is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,241
Default

Track power 3600 stick packs, my saddle dont go in. I am using MG batt straps on it. Its a X6 4 gear not a X6 squared yet....
__________________

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-04-2009
blue_pinky's Avatar
blue_pinky blue_pinky is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Weston-super-Mare
Posts: 1,625
Default

This thread...

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20867

...talked a lot about weight just recently! The thread says it's based on the squared, but would guess that it's much the same for both, unless someone knows better?
__________________
AKA: Andy Nancollis
1/10th drives: Yokomo BMax2MR & BMax4
1/16th drive: Carisma GTB
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-04-2009
Team No Idea's Avatar
Team No Idea Team No Idea is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sandwich
Posts: 758
Default

Awesome, cheers mark!
i'll have to get something sorted, i'm still running good old fashioned cells at the moment.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-04-2009
MHeadling's Avatar
MHeadling MHeadling is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,241
Default

Cheers for the link Blue, so it seems heavier is faster?! Ill get the lead out!!
__________________

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-04-2009
Body Paint's Avatar
Body Paint Body Paint is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Newport, South Wales
Posts: 2,039
Default

Yep, same theory for the X-6. 65/35

I just double checked my weights and on a high grip carpet setup I am currently running at 1670g, 595g at the front wheels and 1075g on the back wheels which is 64.4/36.6
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-05-2009
thaking thaking is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Norway
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Paint View Post
Yep, same theory for the X-6. 65/35

I just double checked my weights and on a high grip carpet setup I am currently running at 1670g, 595g at the front wheels and 1075g on the back wheels which is 64.4/36.6
How did this work out for u
__________________
-Stein Ove-
Truggy: ASS RC8T FT
Electric 4WD Atomic Carbon B44/Dex410v3
Electric 2WD:Atomic Carbon S2/Dex210
Electric Truck: Ass T4 FT
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-05-2009
MHeadling's Avatar
MHeadling MHeadling is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,241
Default

Are many of the X Factory team using brass front bulk heads? Trish had one on his X6 at the SE Regional at EPR and his car looked good on track.

Do people go for the ghea one (23g) or the Trish bits one (43g)?
__________________

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-05-2009
Body Paint's Avatar
Body Paint Body Paint is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Newport, South Wales
Posts: 2,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaking View Post
How did this work out for u
I'm very happy with mine weighted this way, my X-6 and now my X6^2 are setup the same. I will start the first National of 09 with this weight.

I do not run a brass bulkhead, just 10g in the bulkhead.

Some team do run brass bulkheads some don't.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-05-2009
janus_77's Avatar
janus_77 janus_77 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 917
Default

I'm at a total weight of 1718, but that is with heavier dirt tires (Bigshots and 7202 fronts) for a slick clay track

Weight distribution: 36 / 64
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-05-2009
super__dan's Avatar
super__dan super__dan is offline
#1 ZX5 fan
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Paint View Post
I'm very happy with mine weighted this way, my X-6 and now my X6^2 are setup the same. I will start the first National of 09 with this weight.

I do not run a brass bulkhead, just 10g in the bulkhead.

Some team do run brass bulkheads some don't.
Same for me, 10g in bulkhead, no brass bulkhead, there are two reasons for this.
1) I'm tight with money
2) the bulk of my forward bias weight is the 65g plate under the servo, this means I can remove it instantly with only the 2 screws that hold the servo down. This is very helpfull indeed, especially in the UK on a wet track as it stops it holding onto the turn (all credit to Ellis for this, he explained it to me).
__________________


Nortech is ACE!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-05-2009
super__dan's Avatar
super__dan super__dan is offline
#1 ZX5 fan
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,482
Default

Also just to note as Northy proved to me on the weekend, to change the overall bias much you either need to be effecting the extremities of the car or ad a LOT of weight. So I bet the Trishbits 43g one at the very front of the car does more for front distribution than the 65g I have under the servo.
__________________


Nortech is ACE!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-05-2009
janus_77's Avatar
janus_77 janus_77 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 917
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by super__dan View Post
So I bet the Trishbits 43g one at the very front of the car does more for front distribution than the 65g I have under the servo.
True, but to me weight in the bulkhead makes the car more unpredictable, and makes it react a bit more slowly*. So I'd rather use more weight under the servo than less at the bulkhead to get to the right weight bias.

* more noticeable on low grip applications
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-05-2009
super__dan's Avatar
super__dan super__dan is offline
#1 ZX5 fan
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,482
Default

I agree, I'm happy to stick exactly as I have mine now (especially considering point 1 above )
__________________


Nortech is ACE!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-05-2009
Body Paint's Avatar
Body Paint Body Paint is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Newport, South Wales
Posts: 2,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by super__dan View Post
Same for me, 10g in bulkhead, no brass bulkhead, there are two reasons for this.
1) I'm tight with money
2) the bulk of my forward bias weight is the 65g plate under the servo, this means I can remove it instantly with only the 2 screws that hold the servo down. This is very helpfull indeed, especially in the UK on a wet track as it stops it holding onto the turn (all credit to Ellis for this, he explained it to me).
Ditto... I blatantly copied Dan

Also agree with Janus, I try to keep the weight closer to the middle of the car to keep the responsiveness.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-05-2009
thaking thaking is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Norway
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team No Idea View Post
hi mark, what lipo are you runing this year that fits the X-6?
i was hoping to fit my trackpowers but they don't fit.
I use trakpower saddle pack
Attached Images
File Type: jpg X6 Square 003.jpg (60.1 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg X6 Square 002.jpg (68.7 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg X6 Square 001.jpg (50.1 KB, 79 views)
__________________
-Stein Ove-
Truggy: ASS RC8T FT
Electric 4WD Atomic Carbon B44/Dex410v3
Electric 2WD:Atomic Carbon S2/Dex210
Electric Truck: Ass T4 FT
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-05-2009
stikkan1's Avatar
stikkan1 stikkan1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Norway
Posts: 69
Default 65-35% CG(center of gravety)?

Anyone know where the CG (center of gravety) on the X6 with 65-35% weight distrubution?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-05-2009
JCJC's Avatar
JCJC JCJC is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Oxon
Posts: 1,663
Default

Possibly referenced in this other thread, http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20867

Post 25 on page 2, Craig Harris: "Approximately 174mm back from the centreline of the front wheels." well worth reading all the posts. I am assuming the X6 will be much the same as the squared.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-05-2009
stikkan1's Avatar
stikkan1 stikkan1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Norway
Posts: 69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJC View Post
Possibly referenced in this other thread, http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20867

Post 25 on page 2, Craig Harris: "Approximately 174mm back from the centreline of the front wheels." well worth reading all the posts. I am assuming the X6 will be much the same as the squared.
Thanks, didnt see that..

1"st round in the norwegian chamionship starts saturday, and my squared isnt arrived jet
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com