oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   The PlayGround (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Clio 172 Cutting out at Idle? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33522)

MHeadling 03-11-2009 08:52 AM

Clio 172 Cutting out at Idle?
 
Hi Chaps, A mate of mine just picked up a 172 yesterday, after a long run, Kent to Bournemouth it kept cutting out at idle? starts up fine again and you can carry on but rather annoying!

I have had a quick search on the net, seems it could be the idle air control valve or a coked up throttle body?

What are your opinions on the above??

Hog 03-11-2009 09:01 AM

Normally the IAC valve with things like this. Common problem with Vauxhalls for sure - got no hands on experience of Renaults though.

Whip the valve off and give it a good clean with carb cleaner and go from there. A job you can do yourself and you may just save a hefty garage bill.

Big G 03-11-2009 10:50 AM

first thoughts reminded me of a mk2 golf I worked on a few years ago.

it was driveable, but refused to idle at all. you'd have to constantly have your foot down a bit to get it to keep running.

we checked all those little vacuum pipes, etc and tried new ISV's. In the end there was a slight crack in the inlet manifold gasket that was leaking and throwing the reading out on the MAF

jcb 03-11-2009 01:07 PM

check out www.cliosport.net you'll have to register to view anything but loads of helpful advice on there

MHeadling 03-11-2009 02:01 PM

Thanks alot for the help guys! I will pass on the info to him

Nick Goodall 03-11-2009 02:04 PM

Speak to showtime on here (Adam) as he's worked at a Renault dealer for years and knows his stuff :)

MHeadling 03-11-2009 02:31 PM

Ok Nick, thanks I have his number I'll give hima buzz later on!

Hog 03-11-2009 03:24 PM

Or speak to Crewie tomorrow night Mark........

MHeadling 03-11-2009 03:51 PM

I am away on work so no racing tom night :thumbdown:

I will catch him next week perhaps.

I just gave this link to my mate Tom who has the 172, no dash lights coming on before it stops? I have had a look on net, seems it could be the coil pack too as these tend to get hot on a long run?

Thanks again for the help guys :thumbsup:

showtime 04-11-2009 06:43 PM

give me a call if its still not sorted Mark

just one Q is it a motorised or cable operated throttle body?? :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com