|
|||||||||||||||
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Hi Chaps, A mate of mine just picked up a 172 yesterday, after a long run, Kent to Bournemouth it kept cutting out at idle? starts up fine again and you can carry on but rather annoying!
I have had a quick search on the net, seems it could be the idle air control valve or a coked up throttle body? What are your opinions on the above?? |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Normally the IAC valve with things like this. Common problem with Vauxhalls for sure - got no hands on experience of Renaults though.
Whip the valve off and give it a good clean with carb cleaner and go from there. A job you can do yourself and you may just save a hefty garage bill. |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
first thoughts reminded me of a mk2 golf I worked on a few years ago.
it was driveable, but refused to idle at all. you'd have to constantly have your foot down a bit to get it to keep running. we checked all those little vacuum pipes, etc and tried new ISV's. In the end there was a slight crack in the inlet manifold gasket that was leaking and throwing the reading out on the MAF |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
check out www.cliosport.net you'll have to register to view anything but loads of helpful advice on there
__________________
Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors Click any of the above to head to the website! |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Thanks alot for the help guys! I will pass on the info to him
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Speak to showtime on here (Adam) as he's worked at a Renault dealer for years and knows his stuff
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Ok Nick, thanks I have his number I'll give hima buzz later on!
|
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Or speak to Crewie tomorrow night Mark........
|
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
I am away on work so no racing tom night
I will catch him next week perhaps. I just gave this link to my mate Tom who has the 172, no dash lights coming on before it stops? I have had a look on net, seems it could be the coil pack too as these tend to get hot on a long run? Thanks again for the help guys |
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
give me a call if its still not sorted Mark
just one Q is it a motorised or cable operated throttle body??
__________________
JQ Racing - Ultimate Racing - SMD - Nitrolux Fuel - J Concepts - Nuclear-RC - Sandy Point Clothing - |
![]() |
|
|