oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electrics (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Battery Configerations / Modifications (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5845)

Rob H 15-10-2007 08:05 PM

Battery Configerations / Modifications
 
Has anyone dismantled a 7.2V stick pack, I assume this can be done so that they can be reconfigured into a different arrangement.

Can anyone confirm if this is the case?

regards
Rob

ashleyb4 15-10-2007 08:09 PM

Yea you can just amkre sure the cells arent longer than normal cell we had this once with a nosram pack we changed it to saddle and we found the cells where slightly to long.

A

Rob H 06-11-2007 04:39 PM

Looking to change an intellect 4200 stick pack into a five cell side by side.

Can anyone recommend some battery straps to use? also anything else I need to look out for when I do this. Are the wires just direct solder attachment?

anoolite76 06-11-2007 05:44 PM

Here is another thread you might find informative:
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6116

I don't know the ins and outs of battery bars, but I know you shouldn't use wire. Wires between the cells will make it difficult to fit into a slot in a car (like a b4), and you will want to make sure the bars are as close as they can be to the cells. I suggest using shoe-goo to glue the cells together, then solder them when the shoe goo dries.

Rough up the ends of the cells with sand paper, swab the ends with alcohol and a clean cloth, and tin them lightly with the soldering iron. Tin the bars. Then assemble (solder) the bars to the batteries.

Rob H 07-11-2007 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anoolite76 (Post 69199)
Here is another thread you might find informative:
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6116

I don't know the ins and outs of battery bars, but I know you shouldn't use wire. Wires between the cells will make it difficult to fit into a slot in a car (like a b4), and you will want to make sure the bars are as close as they can be to the cells. I suggest using shoe-goo to glue the cells together, then solder them when the shoe goo dries.

Rough up the ends of the cells with sand paper, swab the ends with alcohol and a clean cloth, and tin them lightly with the soldering iron. Tin the bars. Then assemble (solder) the bars to the batteries.

Thanks, was following that thread. re the wires i meant for connection between the battery and the esc.

Shoe-goo sounds a good tip!


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com