Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 15-10-2007
Rob H Rob H is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 139
Default Battery Configerations / Modifications

Has anyone dismantled a 7.2V stick pack, I assume this can be done so that they can be reconfigured into a different arrangement.

Can anyone confirm if this is the case?

regards
Rob
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 15-10-2007
ashleyb4's Avatar
ashleyb4 ashleyb4 is offline
Spends too long on oOple ...
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Oswestry
Posts: 6,142
Default

Yea you can just amkre sure the cells arent longer than normal cell we had this once with a nosram pack we changed it to saddle and we found the cells where slightly to long.

A
__________________
Ashley Williams

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-11-2007
Rob H Rob H is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 139
Default

Looking to change an intellect 4200 stick pack into a five cell side by side.

Can anyone recommend some battery straps to use? also anything else I need to look out for when I do this. Are the wires just direct solder attachment?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-11-2007
anoolite76 anoolite76 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 30
Default

Here is another thread you might find informative:
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6116

I don't know the ins and outs of battery bars, but I know you shouldn't use wire. Wires between the cells will make it difficult to fit into a slot in a car (like a b4), and you will want to make sure the bars are as close as they can be to the cells. I suggest using shoe-goo to glue the cells together, then solder them when the shoe goo dries.

Rough up the ends of the cells with sand paper, swab the ends with alcohol and a clean cloth, and tin them lightly with the soldering iron. Tin the bars. Then assemble (solder) the bars to the batteries.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-11-2007
Rob H Rob H is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoolite76 View Post
Here is another thread you might find informative:
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6116

I don't know the ins and outs of battery bars, but I know you shouldn't use wire. Wires between the cells will make it difficult to fit into a slot in a car (like a b4), and you will want to make sure the bars are as close as they can be to the cells. I suggest using shoe-goo to glue the cells together, then solder them when the shoe goo dries.

Rough up the ends of the cells with sand paper, swab the ends with alcohol and a clean cloth, and tin them lightly with the soldering iron. Tin the bars. Then assemble (solder) the bars to the batteries.
Thanks, was following that thread. re the wires i meant for connection between the battery and the esc.

Shoe-goo sounds a good tip!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com