View Single Post
Old 19-12-2012
Mad Member

Cris, in defense of DanO's comment, even you have to admit that the track was poor from an offroad features point of view, and did not meet the sections own regulations.

BUT....

It was not in keeping with the clubs normal track build standard (which I'm sure they will also admit themselves) which is why everyone booked in and turned up, and had they had their usual materials they most certainly would have fully complied with the regulations like they have always done previously...so the racers cannot be criticised for that!

The reason for the track design was not explained to us all at the time, and having seen it explained now, I can fully understand, and will congratulate Dudley for doing the best they could in the circumstances.

Despite my initial concerns with the track, I still thoroughly enjoyed the meeting. The layout and surface changes where spot on, and the racing good fun.

As a section would you turn up to a venue and tell them their track is not to spec and ask that they improve it...yes...

But...improvements can only be made where materials and resources are available to do so. And if they can't you have to make another decision, race on, or cancel the meeting after everyone has already arrived! In this case, the best decision was made in a less than ideal situation for the club, so the right decision was taken in my mind.

IMO the only improvement here would have been better communication between the club/section/racers on the day to explain the events and the reasoning behind the track design that we raced on!

We'd have all better understood at the time

Good work everyone, section, club and racers, good day days racing...now lets not bicker pointlessly about it and look forward to the next one!
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs