Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/8 Nitro Off Road / Rallycross

Old 08-04-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Associated RC8 upgrades

Now the weather is getting better I fancy getting my RC8 out for some racing action, seeing the Neo pics has inspired me!

My car is a normal RC8, I have put on King Headz hinge pin holders, RC8 B radio tray/batt box, Hong Nor Big Bores.

I wanted to get some new bits for it, I was thinking of the RC8B shock towers? Are these a bit taller than the std carbon RC8 ones?

I am thinking of using the tapered shock pistons from AE, are these worth getting?

Any other bits you think are worth while let me know!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 08-04-2010

ae pistons wont work with the hong nors, the shock towers arent taller but offer more adjustment. and the ally rear hubs are a good investment. Other than that the car is fine, I love my RC8b and Im in no hurry to sell it either!!
Old 08-04-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thanks Steelie, I am having a look at the towers on MK racings site.

Cheers for the heads up on the AE pistons not fitting the HN shocks, I think the Kyosho pistons may fit them and give me some other set up options.

Or I may be better to sell it and get a RC8B as a whole kit, putting all the B bits on a normal RC8 seems its going to be fairly expensive.

Then again I could make it electric..............

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 08-04-2010

possibly the best option, as you get all the bling, 16mm big bores, all you need to fit is the tapered pistons and the ally rear hubs and to be fair tho they are optional, you dont NEED them but they are nice to have
Old 08-04-2010

Ewwww don't go electric mate . Personally if you want top notch and all the extras get the RC8B and sell the RC8. If your going to get the B then for sure get the Ghea 1.3mmx8 hole pistons (called 'Magic' as the holes are also drilled at a 45* angle). Another bit to invest in would be the Alloy Rear hubs from AE for adjustability and strength (though they are not totally needed). I personally wouldn't get the 1.1mmx10 hole pistons as the tracks over here (generally) are a little bit bumpy but might be worth a shout. Springs, either get the AE set or the HN/Jammin springs in Blue (for the front) and White (for the rear). Apart from than you're more than set to go!
Old 08-04-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thanks for the advice Chaz, yes its staying nitro, when you add up an elec conversion it gets rather expensive!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 08-04-2010

Yea plus you don't get the noise and you hear the chassis slapping even harder with electric Keep the car clean and you won't have a problem