Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 18-08-2010

Default Vintage Tenth Technology Predator 1st Gen 1994

Thought you guys might like to see some pics of my Vintage first gen predator.

This car is just a hash up of spare parts and was never raced as we did a fair bit of destruction testing at the beginning, hence the single colour shell. I raced from 88 - 94, and used a predator in the British National Championship (along with Kevin Moore, Richmond Rogers, Ben Sturnham and Rob Gammon) in 1994 before retiring.

The original carbon tub chassis is lovely. Just dragged it off the shelf at my folks where its been gathering dust for the last 15 years.

I have had my interest rekindled and just bought a B44 to start racing again.

Cheers
David
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 25042010015 - Small.jpg (47.8 KB, 620 views)
File Type: jpg 25042010018 - Small.jpg (43.1 KB, 487 views)
File Type: jpg 25042010020 - Small.jpg (42.4 KB, 487 views)
Old 18-08-2010
oOple Contributor

AWESOME !
Old 18-08-2010

Luverly that - You dont see many early ones in that condition these days

The original carbon tubs just look the business. I'd love to know where the first couple of prototypes ended up though... the ones with machined aluminium f&r gearboxes and other detail differences that were also in the pre-release T-Tech adverts of the day.
Old 18-08-2010

I ended up with the spare chassis as this one (the original in the kit) we thought was twisted or "not straight" as it kept stripping rear diff gears, but it turned out we werent spacing it in the gearbox correctly.

Neglected to tell Richard at the time so he sent a new one.........

I still have the original Box for the car as well, but ever so slightly tatty.

Some more pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 25042010017-small.jpg (55.5 KB, 245 views)
File Type: jpg 25042010016-small.jpg (49.7 KB, 227 views)
File Type: jpg 25042010026-small;.jpg (67.0 KB, 263 views)
Old 18-08-2010

These were such lovely-lovely cars, especially these early ones with that moulded carbon chassis When they were released it really felt like F1 technology had reach out model cars.... I just can't believe how long ago it was now!
Old 18-08-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

I remember these, did one event with one of the first release and after one race it went in the bin. Looked great but wasnt. Wasted my money on that.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 19-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy40 View Post
I remember these, did one event with one of the first release and after one race it went in the bin. Looked great but wasnt. Wasted my money on that.
Agreed, we had 3 or 4 false starts with ours too, when the Yokomo Works 93 was dragged back into service.

We found that the Pred was, fragile, and either exceptionally good, or complete and utter rubbish. So difficult to set up, and the back end wouldnt behave on the bumps. Modified anti-squat, and that improved things. I had not only my best BRCA Nat. result with it, I also had my worst too....

Cheers
Old 06-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave77 View Post
Thought you guys might like to see some pics of my Vintage first gen predator.

This car is just a hash up of spare parts and was never raced as we did a fair bit of destruction testing at the beginning, hence the single colour shell. I raced from 88 - 94, and used a predator in the British National Championship (along with Kevin Moore, Richmond Rogers, Ben Sturnham and Rob Gammon) in 1994 before retiring.

The original carbon tub chassis is lovely. Just dragged it off the shelf at my folks where its been gathering dust for the last 15 years.

I have had my interest rekindled and just bought a B44 to start racing again.

Cheers
David

david i remember you racing that car up at stonehaven at one off the scottish rounds, in 1994. it was the day that ayrton senna unfortunitly. and i also remember that car cart-rolling up the back straight at full speed and all the wheels and wishbones ripped of it.

dont know if youll remember me (martin wallace) i think you were giving up buggys when i started them. i was running a yokomo yz10 from mike martin.
cars looking great btw. i have a predator international also and looking to restore it to. the buggys are coming back to life in scotland again for next year.

you up for a comeback if you arnt already?
Old 07-11-2010

I remember you Martin, and I also remember racing Stonehaven the day Senna died, and for some strange reason remember driving home from Stonehaven to Dundee as I was learning to drive full size cars at the time (and what a fortune that has cost me since then, but thats another story!) but I remember nothing at all about the race meeting, in fact dont recall that much about racing in 94 apart from the British rounds.

I bought a 2nd hand b44, and raced once at the Scottish regional Stonehaven and then a club round and thats it so far.

Plan to do the Scottish next yr, but have some set up work to do.

Maybe see you racing in '11.

Cheers
David
Old 08-11-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I still have a huge soft spot for the Preds. My first was an XT, then a 95 Pro, XK98 then P8 which I still have.

Was an awesome car and I never really suffered too much with breakages to be honest (except the XT I have to admit that). I remember doing an entire season, regionals and nationals with the P8 without putting a single part on it ... not even a spur or front wing!

On the sub topic I used to live down the road from Rory Cull. His dad, Roger, helped me a lot to get back into racing after my father died in 1990 and his mum, Fran', and I ran the club in Evesham for it's whole duration. Some of the nicest people you could hope to meet. Almost every time I drove one of Rory's cars I'd say "thats got no steering" to which he always replied "gets around alright". I think all my kit came as cast offs from Rory and Dan / Nick Marson for quite a number of years.
Old 08-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave77 View Post
I remember you Martin, and I also remember racing Stonehaven the day Senna died, and for some strange reason remember driving home from Stonehaven to Dundee as I was learning to drive full size cars at the time (and what a fortune that has cost me since then, but thats another story!) but I remember nothing at all about the race meeting, in fact dont recall that much about racing in 94 apart from the British rounds.

I bought a 2nd hand b44, and raced once at the Scottish regional Stonehaven and then a club round and thats it so far.

Plan to do the Scottish next yr, but have some set up work to do.

Maybe see you racing in '11.

Cheers
David

indeed david mate, falkirk run the club on sundays and i think most down our way in fife qill be there but we are planning the national next year for the odd few rounds, ive just bought a durango,

lookin gforward to seeing you again on/off the track its been a while

martin
Old 02-06-2017

Post Identification help

Hello all,

Sadly I am selling my T Tech predator:

My parents have been storing it for the past 19 / 20 years and no longer have the space (no space at ours either)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TTech-Tent...%257Ciid%253A1

But have I got the model right? I have receipts for parts purchased in 97. Which I don't think is long after I purchased the car. Does this make it a national or international? How can I tell?

Also, where would I find the serial number?

Thanks
Old 02-06-2017
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator_ttech View Post
Hello all,

Sadly I am selling my T Tech predator:

My parents have been storing it for the past 19 / 20 years and no longer have the space (no space at ours either)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TTech-Tent...%257Ciid%253A1

But have I got the model right? I have receipts for parts purchased in 97. Which I don't think is long after I purchased the car. Does this make it a national or international? How can I tell?

Also, where would I find the serial number?

Thanks
Be good if you could reply to my question on eBay about your car
Old 02-06-2017
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

It's not an X10. My guess would be XK98, based on the chassis and red aloy. However, your manual says national / International.

Not sure if later cars were serialised in the same way as early ones.
Old 02-06-2017

Xk98 chassis, some earlier parts. No serial number on these. Looks pretty tidy and genuine. Front wing and a bit of a clean up and that's a nice car.

Last edited by Dyna; 05-06-2017 at 12:50 PM.