Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 13-09-2006
Super Moderator

Default Track research

Hi guys, could you answer me the following questions please:

1. Which is your favourite track and why (can be a track that no longer exists)?

2. Which is your least favourite track and why (can be a track that no longer exists)?

3. Which is your favourite "feature" of all the tracks you've raced on and why?

4. Which is your least favourite "feature" of all the tracks you've raced on and why?

Pictures would also help me if I've never been there before!

Cheers,

G
Old 13-09-2006
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

1. Kidderminster.
It has a great pub with calvery very close. Car comes home generally quite clean. The track is easy to see from the rostrum (due to track being relatively small and the rostrum high). The track is always immaculately prepared, no weeds, freshly painted and its a pleasure to visit and always look forward to it.

2. Oxon.
Mixture of several dislikes.... Flat grass + steep hill

3. The Double Doubles at the Euros.
Took more skill than just ramping it, a good rythm landing on downramps is rewarded.

4. Southport far section.
Although I love the track, and I have now conquered this section (heck, its taken me long enough). It is inconsistent accross the width of the track and is more an obstacle section of an otherwise awesome track.
Old 13-09-2006
Mad Member

1. Euro's track in Austria RMC Wien

2. Southport (The back section makes it my worst other than that it is great)

3. Northampton Model Car Club (They made a massive sort of table top which you went up then up again 'like stairs' then turn on top and down the side) it was awesome.

4. Kidderminster ( Concrete banked corner, pointless and just wears out your tyres)
Old 13-09-2006
Administrator

Hi guys, could you answer me the following questions please:

1. Austria RMC Wien , or in the UK 3A raceway

2. Holbeach, I just disliked it when I went, Kidderminster I find really hard and it eats tyres.

3. Probably the double doubles at RMC wien, properly constructed jumps add so much to the racing.

4. the end of the straight at bury metro, I just cant see it or get to grips with it at all.. its a guess every time for me.

Pictures would also help me if I've never been there before!

Cheers,
Old 13-09-2006
Mad Member

Default track

batley i love them double jumps and the track flows just right

telford hot track i hate its like the surface of the moon even eighths flip over on the straight :eek:

kiddy is a good track but costs a fortune in tyres
Old 13-09-2006
Mad Member

Default kiddy

do u find the track markers to be like camoflaged i think painting them a bright colour would transform the layout
Old 14-09-2006
Super Moderator

55 views and 4 replies!

Come on guys, it might be worth it in the future you know!

G
Old 14-09-2006
Super Moderator

Now 84 views, and no more input. Come on people! This could be your chance to make a difference......

G
Old 14-09-2006

1. Fav track was old Aire Valley track near Leeds/Bradford, track cut into grass which looked ace, nice bomb hole, good small jumps & hard as hell to get right but felt great when it all came together, Batley a close second place.
2.Worst Track:- any surface that wears out tyres quickly is a bad thing for me, but generally none really as they are all a challenge even if they seem boring or i cant get away with them it doesnt mean the track is bad, just different.
3.Fav feature is the banked corner at Teesside, we still run about 2/3rds of it at the inside track but ran the full corner at Preston Park many moons ago in a regional(i think might have been at Euros too in 1998) & it was ace.
4. Least fav feature is the back section at Southport, a great track but i just cant drive over the back part.

Last edited by Barry Williams; 14-09-2006 at 09:00 PM. Reason: spell error
Old 15-09-2006
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Favourate track is Bury Metro - Excellent surface, view and (most of all) people to help you out (thanks again for that front hub, Rob and Alan)
Don't really have a least fav track - not been racing long enough to pick up any real dislikes.

Feature wise, I like jumps that are technical to land properly. With a table top, the take off ramp needs to be curved to give maximum air attack rather than /---\ so that the direction of the car needs to be determined by throllte control. Did anyone see the new ramp at Bury that the 2 trucks and Paul Rotheram (II think ) tried out between rounds? That was an awesome feature...
Old 15-09-2006

1. Fav track: Probably the Batley track because of the different surfaces, Teesside indoors a close second because they are both challenging tracks and multi-surface.

2. Least fav track: None really but don't like flat grass tracks with not many features because it is a leveller and you can't make time up on them.

3. Fav feature: Would be either the bomb hole at Teesdale outdoors or Batley clay banked corner because both are unusual and interesting.

4. Least fav feature: Small jumps that flick the back end of the car up or jumps that aren't consistant lap after lap because this can be really annoying when you're on a good run and it messes it up for you.

Greg
LMR