Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 09-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by isobarik View Post
One must say thanks to oli4ke for sending me all those lovley euros for one shitty pinion in return

The hole family send theire regards it was a nice dinner

mvh Isobarik
Nice to know that you and your family enjoyed the dinner
Give them my regards too

1/10 Kyosho Lazer ZX
1/10 Kyosho Optima Mid Custom
Old 10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy40 View Post
Ive just done a full check and found the Losi 4.5 i used had the three silver bolts that hold the three sections together had come lose so is most probably the reason why my second spur ruined. First one was definitly the gear cover.
ok man, keep us updated ! maybe you could use a washer to push the spring inside a bit more to get it tighter. i am glad your car is quicker now !
Old 11-06-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Two pictures of the gear cover. First picture is before the shell goes on, second is after the shell is on and im racing, and the spur does hit it. The spur and pinion still doesnt look correct and have a feeling either the layshaft on the car or in the motor may be bent fractionally. I will put another motor in and should know then.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20120609_102632.jpg (77.8 KB, 56 views)
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 11-06-2012
Mad Member

youre gearcover seams to be over the plate ie not correct

mvh Isobarik
Old 11-06-2012

Quote:
youre gearcover seams to be over the plate ie not correct

mvh Isobarik
Problem is if the cover sits correctly its still too close to the spur. Still thats what testing is all about. Must add Alcyons design is superb and even though I had a gear cover issue due to the spur being a bit too far out as well as the tightening issue it worked a treat. The design needs a tweak and it should be perfect.
Answer UK team driver
Old 11-06-2012
Mad Member

replace the gearcover .....

mvh Isobarik
Old 11-06-2012

What do you mean, You had the quickest car there Friday, you never finished a race
Tart
Sworkz UK Team driver
Orca
Old 11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegeboy View Post
What do you mean, You had the quickest car there Friday, you never finished a race
Tart
Cheeky git, that was two weeks back and boy I really couldnt be bothered.

I didnt finish one qualifier and final due to a dead spur on both occasions, but guess you didnt notice my car go past you on numerous occassions whilst lapping .

I did put in the fastest lap of the night so was the fastest there. Revenge is sweet so watch out im coming to get ya
Answer UK team driver
Old 11-06-2012

Quote:
replace the gearcover .....

mvh Isobarik
Will do once ones been made to suit the longer shaft. Besides if it sat correctly the gear would still hit it if marshalled etc so to make it better the gear does need to be moved in more. Still mate, this has made a significant difference, more than I would have evern thought and even with these issues it was brilliant!!!!
Answer UK team driver
Old 11-06-2012

Welshy,

Then you should test my layshaft, I made everything closer to the centre of the car, spur gear is 2-4 mm away from the gear plate, Heat treated to harden so that it would be bent, and the thread for the spring is long enough that it's the length of the spring.

I just need to get you the pulleys. =)
Kyosho TF6 SP
Kyosho Plazma Ra
Old 11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by oosh123 View Post
Welshy,

Then you should test my layshaft, I made everything closer to the centre of the car, spur gear is 2-4 mm away from the gear plate, Heat treated to harden so that it would be bent, and the thread for the spring is long enough that it's the length of the spring.

I just need to get you the pulleys. =)
Sounds great. Out of curiousity have you added the countersunk screws on the motor plate as that may casue a problem if using the original?

We are going to have something quite unique and very competitve when finished.

I have to say that without both you and Alcyon this would not have got to this point, especially if I was doing this on my own. Thanks guys for your much needed input and expertise in designing these items
Answer UK team driver
Old 11-06-2012

Quote:
Sounds great. Out of curiousity have you added the countersunk screws on the motor plate as that may casue a problem if using the original?

We are going to have something quite unique and very competitve when finished.

I have to say that without both you and Alcyon this would not have got to this point, especially if I was doing this on my own. Thanks guys for your much needed input and expertise in designing these items
No, I havn't added the counter sink hole yet. I want to see if the part fit first and I can do that by myself with it gets here.
Kyosho TF6 SP
Kyosho Plazma Ra
Old 12-06-2012

Quote:
Will do once ones been made to suit the longer shaft. Besides if it sat correctly the gear would still hit it if marshalled etc so to make it better the gear does need to be moved in more. Still mate, this has made a significant difference, more than I would have evern thought and even with these issues it was brilliant!!!!
ok welshy i will tweak the design a bit, i will bring the spur side inside by 1mm and lengthen the thread area without adding length to the shaft, so that you can tighten more. i see that you might have a problem with the gear cover becuase you are using the standard motor plate which is thin. On my ZX i am using the GPM finned motor plate which is 2 times thicker so it pushes the gearcover a little outwards. perhaps you can temporarily space the gearcover out by adding washers inside the screws. or you could find a machine shop nearby and just cut off 1mm from the spur side so that the gear will go in. i am glad that its giving the lazer an edge.
Old 12-06-2012

Guys!!! They are HERE!!!!

Here is what I am offering for the Lazer ZX-RS June Launch!!!

There is a little fitting issue with the layshaft to the B4 slipper plates, but its nothing a little hacking and slashing won't fix

I just don't have time yet or else all these things are on my car already.

If anyone wants them, I will post up some prices later and see how many people we can get involved. Enjoy!
Kyosho TF6 SP
Kyosho Plazma Ra
Old 12-06-2012

Mate im dribbling, its stunning.
Answer UK team driver
Old 12-06-2012

Welshy you might be dribbling, but I'm drooling!

What amazing work. Seriously very nice stuff.
Old 12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by oosh123 View Post
Guys!!! They are HERE!!!!

Here is what I am offering for the Lazer ZX-RS June Launch!!!

There is a little fitting issue with the layshaft to the B4 slipper plates, but its nothing a little hacking and slashing won't fix

I just don't have time yet or else all these things are on my car already.

If anyone wants them, I will post up some prices later and see how many people we can get involved. Enjoy!
nice shaft ! are those lock pulleys or one way pulleys ?
Old 12-06-2012

Guys, any idea on the part number for the 5mm washer for the Lazer ZX, the washer is what you put over the bearing before you add the drive cup on the gear diffs.

Alcyon - I believe one pulley (the rear drive) is fixed to the shaft (unsure if a pivot or allen key, but looks like allen key) and the front is a one way.
Answer UK team driver
Old 12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcyon View Post
ok welshy i will tweak the design a bit, i will bring the spur side inside by 1mm and lengthen the thread area without adding length to the shaft, so that you can tighten more. I think the issue may be the slipper clutch is being pushed past the layshaft block area and the spring cannot go further in due to that so may be just bringing in the block by as much as 1mm may resolve that. I will check tonight and confirm tomorrow. Ok im wrong, what i did was put a normal sized half mm washer in front of the spring between the slipper plate and ive got no slipping at full tightness so may actually need a stiffer spring, so not an issue but still need to move the spur inwards more by a few mm's to protect the spur more.

i see that you might have a problem with the gear cover becuase you are using the standard motor plate which is thin. On my ZX i am using the GPM finned motor plate which is 2 times thicker so it pushes the gearcover a little outwards. perhaps you can temporarily space the gearcover out by adding washers inside the screws. or you could find a machine shop nearby and just cut off 1mm from the spur side so that the gear will go in. The gearcover cannot go out any more as that will mean cutting through the entire side of my bodyshell to make it fit properly. I think just a slight tweak of your design would resolve this issue, but will be a bit more specific on dimensions later on when I get a chance. The issue I have is I cannot move the motor plate out with spacers as this will move the motor weight slightly off centre as well as moving the gear cover further out and that will mean cutting more off the bodyshell than what is needed. The test went well but as with all first attempts they always need adjustments to get perfect

i am glad that its giving the lazer an edge.Edge would not be the correct wording, more like ballistic difference. As from the word go I had immense accelaration with zero belt jumping, zero wheelies, just slip on the clutch (I used SC10 high torque pads). Ok I had help from a fellow racer who said that in the practice run my clutch was way too loose so he adjusted and said it was almost perfect but could be fractionally tighter to get the perfect setting. He couldnt tighten the clutch anymore, however it was for testing and I made sure whenever I made an error and got stuck I kept hitting the throttle to see if I could snap a belt and nothing, it slipped perfectly every time and I tried and tried but proved you have designed a weapon for the track that works well
Answer UK team driver
Old 12-06-2012
Mad Member

Welsh they have no number ...just plain washers get them from youre local hardwear store.

mvh Isobarik