Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 23-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by oosh123 View Post
Sorry, I don't quote understand which part you are asking. but I will try my best to answer.

Universal shafts are:
Front: LA-232
Rear: LA-245 with LA-231-02 shaft

Hex wheel holder are:
VZW-010

Rear Hub:
3Racing Lazer ZX-5 Rear Hub V2

Driveshaft (Layshaft?):
I designed myself (no part number)

Battery post thread is M4. It did come with spacers that I didn't use, I am guessing those are for NI-Cd.
Thanks that answers my questions. Sorry but I have a couple more. What brand are the battery posts and what ballstuds are screwed into your rear hubs. I thought they may be Associated but they don't have a metric thread
Old 23-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKS_TRD View Post
Thanks that answers my questions. Sorry but I have a couple more. What brand are the battery posts and what ballstuds are screwed into your rear hubs. I thought they may be Associated but they don't have a metric thread
Fire away. I am happy to answer your questions

Kyosho ball stud 4.8mm UM-129

Kyosho LAW-41

Kyosho TF6 SP
Kyosho Plazma Ra
Old 23-07-2012

Thanks for that. I forgot to ask what rod ends you used, and are they available in blue? I thought they may have been RPM but they don't work with 4.8mm ballstuds
Old 23-07-2012

Quote:
Thanks for that. I forgot to ask what rod ends you used, and are they available in blue? I thought they may have been RPM but they don't work with 4.8mm ballstuds
UM112H 4.8mm Ball End (Hard/Gunmetal)

They don't come in blue. I chose kyosho quality over bling on this item.
Kyosho TF6 SP
Kyosho Plazma Ra
Old 23-07-2012

Fair enough, I might try to dye some. On the topic of bling, when you use a carbon motor plate instead of aluminium how well do the long screws that go through the motor brace hold? Or do you need a longer screw and a nut. I can't see the threads holding well on the CF and not sure if there is really enough room for a nut to not interfere with the spur gear
Old 24-07-2012

Quote:
Fair enough, I might try to dye some. On the topic of bling, when you use a carbon motor plate instead of aluminium how well do the long screws that go through the motor brace hold? Or do you need a longer screw and a nut. I can't see the threads holding well on the CF and not sure if there is really enough room for a nut to not interfere with the spur gear
I am sure that you can't really dye those rod ends as they are not white and will not be as effective as the rims.

Also, I never use the carbon fibre motor plate before, so I cannot comment on how well the screw can hold onto the motor plate. But I am sure that a nut will not interfere with the spur gear.
Kyosho TF6 SP
Kyosho Plazma Ra
Old 24-07-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
If your thinking of adding a cf motor plate to your zxr car then you may need fractionally longer gearbox motor plate screws so you can use narrow nuts.

On mine and Oosh123's designed cars we can just screw in using normal countersunk screws.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 27-07-2012

The first CF motor plate is going to be for a Mid.

Do the Fibrelyte ZX-S Battery holders fit on a Lazer ZX/Mid or are the battery posts spaced differently on the ZX-S?
Old 27-07-2012

Quote:
The first CF motor plate is going to be for a Mid.

Do the Fibrelyte ZX-S Battery holders fit on a Lazer ZX/Mid or are the battery posts spaced differently on the ZX-S?
The ZX-S battery holders from Fibrelyte is what I am using on my ZX.

But there are 2 sizes, you need to measure yours and tell stephen when you are ordering them.
Kyosho TF6 SP
Kyosho Plazma Ra
Old 27-07-2012

Ok never thought of that, designed the zxs tray for the zxs as it better balanced the chassis. I personally didnt like the position of the cells with a single cf item On the zx/zxr and I did design one for the zxr but is like the trf511 brass rude bitz items, one big chunk cf block drilled with two holes for bolting in the middle of the chassis, milled out under so a washer can be used on either side so you can use brass weights on the batt holes as well as just brass plates and when all in place the brass is held in place by the centre block as well as the side cf side plates. Also centre block you can add 511 brass plates ontop so you have loads of tuning characteristics. Still whatever you choose will be good.
Answer UK team driver
Old 28-07-2012

Thanks for the info, on the fibrelyte site they only list the ZX-S battery brace I couldn't see any others. In the first instance this is for my shelf queen mid/lazer hybrid (which still needs a name before I can start a thread, current fav is Turbo Optima Mid Evo). Fibrelyte are making some custom pieces for it and the only thing I have yet to design is my front strut tower. I was going to just send the standard Lazer ZX battery brace to them to copy in CF but saw the ZX-S ones on the site which looked pretty cool so though I may go for those instead.

Alcyon if you are reading this some of the parts I am having made for my Mid are things you may also want to use on yours, Fibrelyte may add them to their site once they are made

On another note, with the amount of custom work people are able to get done, has anyone thought about making replicas of the teamline hubs either out of aluminium or white derlin so we can dye any color? That is about the only other part on my wish list at the moment.
Old 29-07-2012
Mad Member

HKS

I have them both the zx-s and the evo type and yes the zx-s fit straight on the zxr the evo type on the other hand are more squared but they are also shorter.

mvh Isobarik
Old 29-07-2012

Quote:
Thanks for the info, on the fibrelyte site they only list the ZX-S battery brace I couldn't see any others. In the first instance this is for my shelf queen mid/lazer hybrid (which still needs a name before I can start a thread, current fav is Turbo Optima Mid Evo). Fibrelyte are making some custom pieces for it and the only thing I have yet to design is my front strut tower. I was going to just send the standard Lazer ZX battery brace to them to copy in CF but saw the ZX-S ones on the site which looked pretty cool so though I may go for those instead.

Alcyon if you are reading this some of the parts I am having made for my Mid are things you may also want to use on yours, Fibrelyte may add them to their site once they are made

On another note, with the amount of custom work people are able to get done, has anyone thought about making replicas of the teamline hubs either out of aluminium or white derlin so we can dye any color? That is about the only other part on my wish list at the moment.
Ive already made the zxs shock tower for the zx. Email them and ask for it, say they made it for James instone and ask them for a jpeg so you can decide if its what you want.

Ive designed most things already and not yet on the fibrelyte site so ask here first.
Answer UK team driver
Old 29-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by isobarik View Post
HKS

I have them both the zx-s and the evo type and yes the zx-s fit straight on the zxr the evo type on the other hand are more squared but they are also shorter.

mvh Isobarik
I found the zxs evo didnt like the teamline hubs as i had issues with the steering. But the zxs did come with zxr hubs so maybe i did something wrong.
Answer UK team driver
Old 02-08-2012
Mad Member

Talking .

Removed
Old 12-08-2012

Hey guys I was meaning to ask for a while, when you mod the 3Racing front turnbuckle to fit Lazer-ZX C-Hubs do you take material off the top or bottom surface to make them fit?

Sightly off topic but I finally had a crack at dyeing some wheels last night, turned out well for a first run. My friend who helped and was into RC with me back in the day now has the bug to do a few more bits and pieces to some of his buggies ...
Old 13-08-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Hey guys I was meaning to ask for a while, when you mod the 3Racing front turnbuckle to fit Lazer-ZX C-Hubs do you take material off the top or bottom surface to make them fit?

Sightly off topic but I finally had a crack at dyeing some wheels last night, turned out well for a first run. My friend who helped and was into RC with me back in the day now has the bug to do a few more bits and pieces to some of his buggies ...

If i remember correctly they have added material on one side .

mvh Isobarik
Old 13-08-2012

Well I got a package on Saturday and a nice new blue alloy front gearbox casing and bits popped out.

Oosh123 the pictures you have posted do not do it justice. This truely is a designers wet dream and am awaiting a few bits and pieces which are in the post from Fibrelyte and Apex Models (CF side plates, ZXS designed front shock tower for the ZXR, slipper spring and washer).

What thrust race did you use so I can get that as well?
Answer UK team driver
Old 13-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy40 View Post
Well I got a package on Saturday and a nice new blue alloy front gearbox casing and bits popped out.

Oosh123 the pictures you have posted do not do it justice. This truely is a designers wet dream and am awaiting a few bits and pieces which are in the post from Fibrelyte and Apex Models (CF side plates, ZXS designed front shock tower for the ZXR, slipper spring and washer).

What thrust race did you use so I can get that as well?
Opps, sorry welshy, I forgot to send the thrust.

the part number of the thrust is F3-8M. It's a pretty common thrust.
Kyosho TF6 SP
Kyosho Plazma Ra
Old 14-08-2012

Iso,

Your inbox is full so I cant reply
Answer UK team driver