Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround

Old 09-04-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyb4 View Post
its currently crusing along nicly at 54MBPS like it should do.

A
54MBPS is your wireless speed
Old 09-04-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
Ntl / virgin are equally crap if not worse. we've had ntl for years and there was no policy, no 'limit' but virgin secretly inserted one despite the fact we refused to change/update contracts.
So now I download a few hundred meg in an evening and the connection goes to 1 meg (from 4) and stays like that for hours.
Yeah they call it 'traffic shaping'
between midnight-4pm it is unlimited, 4-12 if you go over a certain limit they half your connection speed. I hit the limit at my parents in under 15 mins, then the connection was unusable!
Sky 16mb BB unlimited and £10 a month FTW!

O and if your Vrigin connection is really slow then your UBR will probably be overloaded, which they do. With the new 50mb service they are using a different system but i see Virgin getting worse and worse.
Old 09-04-2008
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwell View Post
54MBPS is your wireless speed
Yea but when i have this problem it goes down to 1mbps or if im really lucky 5.5

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 09-04-2008
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001

A lot of 'actual' broadband connections I found were normally to do with peoples location and distance from the exchange. Also dodgy phone extensions inside peoples homes don't tend to help!

Most of the time, it is peoples comps slowing things down as Andy has rightly said. Ash, 54MBps IS your wireless speed. Your internet connection will be much less than this... (numpty)
Old 09-04-2008
Spends too long on oOple ...

Yea i know this but i have done some tests if i disconnect my DSL line from my router the my wireless speed goes up to 54 an stays there but if i plug it back in again it will go for about 5 minutes then die again not totally just go down to 1MBPS or 2 or 5.5 which is useless unplug the dsl line and it goes back up to 54. I then moved my router to the upstairs phone line and the wireless stick was about 5 meters from the router with onthing between it dsl line unplugged runs 54mbps plug the dsl line in and it will live for 5 minutes then die again. Fortunatly now ive run bt it all works nicly again and it runs fine odd! oh well

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 09-04-2008

Yeah, but your router connection speed is completely unrelated to BT, I think that's the point people are making. If it goes wrong it's your fault, or your equipments fault, not BT's