Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff

Old 07-04-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketrob View Post
I have several PMs in my inbox from other members here mentioning you specifically, and what a jerk you are, and while you can bully people and push them around on YOUR stupid forum that doesn't give you open license to do it here too. oOple doesn't deserve it.
Rob, Ill put money on it you dont.

I have emails here from my sponsors quoting emails you had sent to them with details of a fake distribution company that you apparently ran where you tell them that I have "falsely harrassed a US citizen" and therefore your company would not deal with any of my sponsors.

What kinda man does that eh Rob? Emailing my sponsors because I banned you on my forum for causing loads of grief?

Infact I even have an email here from a friend who threatened to take you to court for harrassing them over on RCTech.

But you carry on Rob. Have all the fun you like.

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 07-04-2010
Mad Member

Paul, so I guess if it's the world according to the Hudy's current investment then 1/10th scale off road has no future either

The world is not defined by only Xray and HPI. The list of manufacturers that have released 1/18th and 1/16th scale cars/trucks/buggies in the last 12-18 months: Traxxas, Team Associated, LRP, Carisma, Losi, Duratrax, Exotek, Robitronic, etc. and that's not all, there are a few more coming this year! Time to come out of that cave buddy, the sun is out and summer is here.
Old 07-04-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I can think of at least 2 new cars coming out this year

The future is bright

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Old 07-04-2010
Banned

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0sie View Post
Rob, Ill put money on it you dont
Crissy, and you would be wrong..... AGAIN

Here's a sample of just one - "You are so right about oxley but i think he maybe on his way out this weekend at the egm"

Quote:
I have emails here from my sponsors quoting emails you had sent to them with details of a fake distribution company that you apparently ran where you tell them that I have "falsely harrassed a US citizen" and therefore your company would not deal with any of my sponsors.
What kinda man does that eh Rob? Emailing my sponsors because I banned you on my forum for causing loads of grief?
Infact I even have an email here from a friend who threatened to take you to court for harrassing them over on RCTech.
But you carry on Rob. Have all the fun you like.

Now if you're going to insist on dragging old tiffs onto this forum, I'll be happy to set the facts straight.
You're more than welcome to make up all the stuff you want, but your reality differs greatly from the truth.
In fact, I know you went to some of my former sponsors and lobbied to have them drop me (they told me as such). Good on you.
No biggie, as they were European manufacturers I was helping introduce their products to the US-market (my true friends remained and our relationship continues) I never became involved in this hobby, or this scale, so as to pick up free-bies and have never used the forums to do so either (unlike someone else we know). But in the bigger scheme of things you cost your own sponsors business on the other side of the pond due to your rantings. Tell me, what sort of man, let alone a racer that's supposedly interested in growing the hobby, would do such a thing?

Have you ever wondered why your forum gets so little traffic, now? It's because you chased everyone else off. You chased off everyone that didn't drop in lock-step behind you, and banned or beat up on everyone that didn't agree with everything you said. What kind of real man does that? RCTech? Funny you mention it, I'm on there all the time BTW and don't have a problem with anyone, but have you ever wondered why nobody responds to you there? It's because everyone's up on your games and nobody cares what you say on anything!
oOple and it's members doesn't deserve your BS, bullying tactics, and rubbish.
This isn't your forum, so stop treating it like it is.

Either allow this topic, and others, to get back ON-TOPIC
and/or go back to your little forum where you call the shots and can push people around all you want.

P.S. I've really got better things to do than defending myself from your repeated attacks, rumors, lies and inuendo, and I suspect you have better things to do than stalk me and coming up with coy responses to all my posts. Maybe not.............
Old 07-04-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001

This thread sucks.....
Old 07-04-2010
Banned

found via Google search
Old 07-04-2010

Send a message via MSN to Thomas P
Talking

Quote:
I can think of at least 2 new cars coming out this year

The future is bright
Ok Chris...so you have said A...now it is time for the Bés...

My blogg
Old 07-04-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

What do you mean Thomas? You have confused me lol!

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Old 07-04-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Last edited by peetbee; 08-04-2010 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Off Topic
Old 07-04-2010

omg wot have i started here simple question has turned into a war zone
Old 07-04-2010
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by peetbee View Post
However, I couldn't carry on fighting your corner as whilst you may not have started it you seem intent on continuing it, there and now on here.
If you had been paying attention you would have noted I didn't "start it" here, or over there, and my last visit there was well over a year ago (so no, I don't remember you. just crissy's incessant baiting and banter) - yet the true irony is that so many of you piled on was way over the top. I tired of it there, and darn sure didn't want it or expect it here. If you're going to lecture anyone, find the right target.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peetbee View Post
And if you paid attention you would have seen that I said "whilst you may not have started it".
Bye
Yet it sure didn't stop you from jumping down my throat, and blaming me; instead of identifying and calling out who DID start it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomj316 View Post
Do us all a favor and get lost Rob. You really don't know when to shut up do you?
Do us all a favor and GROW UP, thom.
Old 07-04-2010
Mad Member

OOoooooohhh, lets all feel sorry for the little Yank. NOOOOOOT.

Do us all a favor and get lost Rob. You really don't know when to shut up do you?

Maybe if we did have a worlds Cris, we could all meet Rob in person. I'm sure wed have a lovely conversation over a nice cup of tea. LOL
Old 07-04-2010

Well, I will point out that there isn't any IFMAR or EFRA events for 1/8th Oval or Mini-Stox and they have been around for a lot longer. EFRA won't create another section and they would fall under the Electric Track and Electric Off-Road sections for the respective construction rules with batteries and motors being shared. If there is only a couple of countries racing them then it is unrealistic to expect it to happen.

As an aside, the BRCA - only country within the EFRA Bloc - actually has more members than ROAR.
Old 07-04-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Last edited by peetbee; 08-04-2010 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Off Topic
Old 07-04-2010
oOple Contributor

Send a message via MSN to rcracer

I think it would be best if you guys kept all this to pm's or email and keep this thread on topic ..
Old 07-04-2010
Administrator

Lots of anger
It's just toys lads!

I'm hoping for some big one-off micro meetings - if you build it they will come.
Old 08-04-2010

I'm hoping for some big one-off micro meetings - if you build it they will come.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, would love to see some big 2 day micro meeting.

Game on.
Old 08-04-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001

You forgot the drinks emoticon gaffer
Old 08-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogger View Post
Paul, so I guess if it's the world according to the Hudy's current investment then 1/10th scale off road has no future either

The world is not defined by only Xray and HPI. The list of manufacturers that have released 1/18th and 1/16th scale cars/trucks/buggies in the last 12-18 months: Traxxas, Team Associated, LRP, Carisma, Losi, Duratrax, Exotek, Robitronic, etc. and that's not all, there are a few more coming this year! Time to come out of that cave buddy, the sun is out and summer is here.

Guys

you all have good points - but if you're getting insulting, then I will become nasty myself, so please watch it This unfortunately is a recurring behavior when rc'ers feel their own favorite category/track/brand/younameit is "attacked".

You've missed the point regarding my xray comment - I'm saying that this is a company that is thriving on useless updates to make a living. The difference vs. 10th scale offroad is that they haven't gotten into the category, as opposed to 18th scale. If they had released a 10th scale offroad car and would have stopped updating it every 9mths, now THAT would have been a signal.

Regarding the microRS4 - it looks weird now as DTM is dying, but when it was launched there had never been a more popular class that EP DTM... back then it was offroad that was half-dead. Still, they haven't cracked it. BTW, if you can't think about any HPI product that was long-lived, think again: belt-driven original RS4 (Still lives on under the sprint name more or less), or Savage (now how's that for a long-lived dynasty?).

The world certainly isn't limited to HPI and xray - but there aren't that many global players either... in the quoted list of recent manuf'ers who have released smallscalers, there's mostly regional or niche players (carisma, duracrap, robi, exotec, even lrp...). This isn't enough firepower to drive a global program.

Remember: the original question was: "why no mini/micro worlds?". You can turn it around any way you like, but the fact is that there are no "big" smallscale competitions indeed... even though smallscales have been around since the Tamtech in '86 (or so), and tamiya sold craploads of them back then... Masami himself was doing tamtech demos back in the days, so it isn't like there wasn't a push from the right people. Every X years, some big manufacturer floods the market with a small scale car... Despite this, today, no "real" organised micro racing, at least not consistently across the globe. I'm trying to provide reasons why this isn't happening... If you keep saying "you're wrong you're wrong you blind fool" then you're simply denying reality. It hasn't happened for the past 25yrs during the heyday of the hobby, it won't happen now or during the close future.

Don't get me wrong: I'd love to see it happen as I think all modellers, regardless of the category, deserve their sanctioned racing. I just wouldn't bet on the fact that you'll have it anytime soon

Paul
Old 08-04-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
you all have good points - but if you're getting insulting, then I will become nasty myself, so please watch it This unfortunately is a recurring behavior when rc'ers feel their own favorite category/track/brand/younameit is "attacked".
Paul, it's not RC'ers, it's normal human behaviour. Whenever you 'attack' anything that people love to do you will no doubt get someone on the defensive.

People in the public eye such as mr Hudy make statements all the time that are nothing more than a PR answer to an internal business decision they have taken. It really doesn't matter why they don't have a 10th scale off roader or are not updating their smaller line, all it proves is that XRay are clearly a company happy to stick to what they know best for the time being, for whatever reason. Unless we know their financials/motivations we are only speculating.

The fact is all forms and classes of RC are niche globally. With the internet manufacturers can have global reach very easily without a lot of firepower or a need to be in all locations. We have been using Exotek products here since their inception even without a local distributor, something they got only recently.

Duratrax rebrand other people's stuff so they have good products and bad products. In the case of the Vendetta range they have taken a small scale car designed by Anderson and put a different label on it and it's better quality than any existing brand of small car out on the market, it's just the yanks that have been a bit slow to realise it but they are coming around and realising it's in a different class to the other more well known but very poor micro cars about. You'll find that LRP has taken the exact same car and rebranded it as LRP because it's so good. Yokomo also sells it over in the Far East.

There are plenty very well organised small scale racing across the globe. The UK have a BRCA recognised national series that runs at 7 different venues over 6-7 months. The US have had the RC Madness On road and Off road nationals for a few years now with 200+ competitors taking part in their 2 day event format, Sweden run their own, etc.