Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 27-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkRob View Post
2009 handbook (printed) page 15, rile 10, paragraph 3.
"It is not allowed to use any form of active telemetary, which in the opinion of the event officials or stewards, is judged to give a competitor an advantage during a race. Therefore, it is not allowed for any radio/wireless signals to be transmitted from the car to an external source during a race, that is judged by the officials to give the driver a competitive advantage during that particular race.

(not sure I'm 100% agreed on the Therefore but that is another issue AND NOT FOR THIS THREAD!)

So...............................

You can't find out how much juice is still in the tank, or indeed monitor voltage, if that is judged to be a competitive advantage.

BUT................................

Race control monitoring (but not disclosing) voltage would not break this rule and would be a distinct advantage for marshal safety.

Re data logging, note the word DURING. No problem getting lots of post race info.

If my handbook is so rare, maybe I should put it on Ebay, or maybe you should all remember where you put your copy.
So are the new transponders going to be £15 inc P+P or what? lol
Old 27-11-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
"It is not allowed to use any form of active telemetary, which in the opinion of the event officials or stewards, is judged to give a competitor an advantage during a race. Therefore, it is not allowed for any radio/wireless signals to be transmitted from the car to an external source during a race, that is judged by the officials to give the driver a competitive advantage during that particular race.

(not sure I'm 100% agreed on the Therefore but that is another issue AND NOT FOR THIS THREAD!)

You can't find out how much juice is still in the tank, or indeed monitor voltage, if that is judged to be a competitive advantage.

Race control monitoring (but not disclosing) voltage would not break this rule and would be a distinct advantage for marshal safety.

Re data logging, note the word DURING. No problem getting lots of post race info.

If my handbook is so rare, maybe I should put it on Ebay, or maybe you should all remember where you put your copy.
i have one and i qouted off the brca online one????

rob the bit in bold
in my ic car you notice the reciever pack voltage is down, how is that going to help the saftey of the marshal??, unless you tell me or ask me to pull of the track,(which im not going to do with dam good reason) but by doing that your giving me info transmitted by my car,
see what i mean?
Old 27-11-2009

Quote:

nope, your not the only one, I have 4 here, and read the online one too.
Old 27-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
i have one and i qouted off the brca online one????

rob the bit in bold
in my ic car you notice the reciever pack voltage is down, how is that going to help the saftey of the marshal??, unless you tell me or ask me to pull of the track,(which im not going to do with dam good reason) but by doing that your giving me info transmitted by my car,
see what i mean?
"Black flag car 7, indicated voltage below x volts" or "Warning to marshals, Car 7 indicates a low voltage and may loose control" or maybe "Videos on car 7, this might be good" or after the race "Car 7 check your receiver power supply". Hardly a driver advantage either way.

Depends on how the risk of low voltage is assessed. Maybe it is of no use whatsoever.
Old 27-11-2009

Going to eat now, next update bright and early tomorrow.
Old 27-11-2009

Quote:
"Black flag car 7, indicated voltage below x volts" or "Warning to marshals, Car 7 indicates a low voltage and may loose control" or maybe "Videos on car 7, this might be good" or after the race "Car 7 check your receiver power supply". Hardly a driver advantage either way.

Depends on how the risk of low voltage is assessed. Maybe it is of no use whatsoever.
lol rob i like the car 7 may loose control, you can shout that every run with my driving
Old 27-11-2009

I have a DX3s and i have the temperature wire set up arund the motor in my b4, will i be able to keep it there for regionals or what?

~Tiverton Radio Control Car Club-
Old 27-11-2009

Yes you can cool, this rule was set toward 1/8th nitro only, as someone thought that while you are racing you can read what it says on your hand set....As if I've got enough on looking at me bloody buggy never mind that. I doubt anyone can give off the readings that are coming up on their hand sets while they are racing flat out.

www.ndor.co.uk

My Feedback
Old 27-11-2009

well ive got it on there only to see how the batteries get at the end of the race

Old 27-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MALLET View Post
Yes you can cool, this rule was set toward 1/8th nitro only, as someone thought that while you are racing you can read what it says on your hand set....As if I've got enough on looking at me bloody buggy never mind that. I doubt anyone can give off the readings that are coming up on their hand sets while they are racing flat out.
i disagree mallet as a regional offroad meeting would use the brca "general rules" so it would not be allowed

all sections have to comply to general rules, and its NOT just 8th

taken from the Handbook read the red bit
http://www.brca.org/BRCA/library/BRCA2009.pdf

expect to see a totally different handbook layout this year

General Rules
These Rules are applicable to all sections
1. Members
It is accepted that all BRCA members have read the rules, contained within this publication, understand them, and agree to be bound by them during the period of their membership.
Old 27-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcars782 View Post
I have a DX3s and i have the temperature wire set up arund the motor in my b4, will i be able to keep it there for regionals or what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcars782 View Post
well ive got it on there only to see how the batteries get at the end of the race
general rules ban any telementry, so i would think practice only, race meeting nope as above post all sections have to use general rules and as a brca regional is a santioned meeting general rules apply
Old 27-11-2009

I was just answering what I was told by someone who was at the BRCA meeting and was arguing about this situation. He then told us that it was just aimed towards the 1/8th national nitro buggy and truggy meetings.

I know what it says in the book, as I keep doing same as you, telling people to read and abide the rules.

www.ndor.co.uk

My Feedback
Old 27-11-2009

Quote:
I was just answering what I was told by someone who was at the BRCA meeting and was arguing about this situation. He then told us that it was just aimed towards the 1/8th national nitro buggy and truggy meetings.

I know what it says in the book, as I keep doing same as you, telling people to read and abide the rules.
nope 10th ic ban it too as do snoring cars, as you know if its in the book, its there for a reason....... hence the new look hand book due this year
Old 27-11-2009

hmm i guess i will be taking it out then

Old 27-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
I put a stopwatch on my handset for 8th so I know when I am going to need to pitstop.

Have yet to successfully read the watchface without crashing....
Old 28-11-2009

Yeah it true Dave. Just try racing with your eyes watering you can crash twice a lap

www.ndor.co.uk

My Feedback
Old 28-11-2009

Quote:
Going to eat now, next update bright and early tomorrow.

well its early ,but not that bright in sunny bradford.
Old 28-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalky View Post
well its early ,but not that bright in sunny bradford.
Foggy in Durham
Old 28-11-2009

its always sunny in bournemouth

Ginge

Reality Racing - Team Associated - Savox - CML
Old 28-11-2009

Wakey, Wakey Rob.... I first checked in on here at 6:15am - Bright and early... And still nothing