Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 28-05-2014

Default Futaba 3GR 2.4 - No throttle / brake

Last night I raced the car in heat 1 (Futaba receiver)& all was fine, I changed the battery in the car & turned it on for heat 2 & have steering but no throttle.
Bummer I think, perhaps it has lost it's end points as I have had this with the SkyRc Toro 120A esc before but when I try to re-set them I can set neutral, full throttle but it does not recognise full brake.

I then try the spare car which is programmed as another model in the TX (FrSky TFR4 receiver) but again fitted with a SkyRc Toro 120A esc & I have exactly the same issue & run into the same brick wall when trying to re-set the end points in case it is the ESC in car 1 that is playing up.
I revert to car 1 & swap the steering & ESC plugs in the receiver & the throttle lever works the steering suggesting that the lever itself is OK but the steering lever doesn't magically fix the throttle brake problem.

When I got home I then tried 2 other cars that are also set as different model profiles on the TX both with FrSky TFR4 receivers but one has a Absima esc & the other a Turnigy Trackstar ESC & still have no throttle or brake on either of them either (But didn't try re-setting end points on these as all was working fine at the weekend)

I have tried the switch on the top left of tx in both positions even though it's switched off.

Can anyone help with this as it's driving me nuts & I can't seem to narrow it down by process of elimination.
Old 28-05-2014

Just a wild guess really, but try reversing the throttle brake Channel on your transmitter then go through the esc setup process again..
Old 28-05-2014

I Don't know why but a combination of setting the throttle / brake end points to over 100% (were set to 100% when working before) and playing with the throttle atl setting seems to have fixed it. All cars working again. Still very confused as to how or why it happened but fingers crossed that's the end of it.