Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Batley Buggy Club

Old 09-09-2015

Default So... How do you join the club?

I would like to thank you all for the warm welcome that we received at the track on Sunday, and for letting my lads get round the track a few times. It was great.
My next question is probably a bit of feedback too, but it is less than obvious (to me at least) how I would go about giving you some money to join the club? I looked to the website for information but there didn't seem to be any??
I'm also struggling to find information on what the deal is on non-club meeting weekends?
I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction?
I would particularly like to thank the older chap (if that's not too impolite) who quite correctly and justifiably took my youngest lad to task for lack of rostrum etiquette! Its something that I'm working on!
Thanks again for welcome and hope to see you all soon.
Tim
Old 09-09-2015
Admin

Non members are welcome also, but discounted race fees apply to members.
If you want to join the club, just ask me for a membership form at any club day.
I'm not sure what you refer to with non club meeting weekends?? If you mean the regional events etc, these are effectively just larger meetings with guys from other clubs attending

Any questions feel free to ask
Old 09-09-2015

Hi Tim, glad you want to join the hobby. You don't have to be a member of the club to come racing on club days but it is an advantage if you plan to come racing with us a lot as it's a cheaper price to members. You'll have to join the BRCA (British Radio Car Association) though as this is your insurance. (This is done online) you can run in 3 club meetings before having to join the BRCA.
if you want to become a member of the club you can just pay on the day. Let me know if this doesn't make sense.
Hope to see you racing soon as I missed last Sunday
Paul
Old 09-09-2015

thanks chaps.
How much is membership? There's me and two boys...
By non-club meeting weekends I mean like this coming weekend... Is there open practice? Or is the track only available for use on club meet days?
thanks
Tim
Old 09-09-2015

Hi Tim,

last weekend was a normal club meeting, so it's going to be just the same as that. There's only a couple of busy regional meetings a year but they have been and gone now. Have a word with John Price about membership on Sunday. He's usually manning race control.

Glad you enjoyed it and it's nice to see some more kids coming into it
Old 09-09-2015
Admin

There is a club meeting this Sunday. (it wasn't originally in the calendar as i was supposed to be on holiday )

I think Club membership is £8 adult and £5 juniors, but it does run Jan - Dec so you may wish to consider if it's best to join this year or next