Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Associated

Old 20-06-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
In fact this manufacturer has had previous National success (see The Mighty Chris Doughty!!) without any problems in this area.

Them were the days and the car looked the business

Old 20-06-2011

Default ok this is all what im saying ok

Tom said this over a month ago at least. (sorry tom)

we have unfortunately had a bit of supplier issue, so project has been set back somewhat, but the delay is weeks rather than mouths.

ok got that

then i know there top guys, but there were 2 , then 4 and 6 , i think. so thay must be makin them just not a lot.
see my point now

again over to u all .....................
Old 20-06-2011

I know where you are all coming from, I was a customer long before a team driver and whilst you say its unfair that the team have them now, they don’t have them just to spite you, in the long term it’s on your behalf and whilst now racing the car and seeing the buzz created has been a great time for me personally as someone involved in the project from its inception, there have been the less exciting days...

Leaving work at 5:30, travelling 40 minutes to a track so that we could test elements of the car as much as possible before it got too dark. Giving up Saturdays to do the same, in the cold and rain of late winter. Constant emails between the very small group of people involved, hours on the CAD machine for the main designer who can't act without constant, accurate feedback and information which sometimes was given via a notepad, pencil and calculator as well as the on track findings.

Remember, this is a project by CML, a UK distributor who already distribute a hugely successful 2wd chassis which continues to sell very well throughout the world - but on behalf of their UK market, both team driver and customer they are taking this hugely risky but committed plunge. They are not an established manufacturer with endless manufacturing possibilities to hand, it's a substantial investment for them and they need to be certain that they get it right and that takes time.

It is a lot of effort but everyone involved is delighted with the initial outcome and we know the customers will be also, but producing a car that is easy to drive, has support from a team of respected drivers and is very cost effective, isn't achieved overnight. Trust me, everyone is 100% committed to getting this car out ASAP, and that is when it will be out.
Old 20-06-2011
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Originally Posted by _sleigh_ View Post
blah blah!
Thanks Phil, I clearly misunderstood the rules!
Old 20-06-2011

Default ok

Thank you Tom
Old 20-06-2011

Tom's been an absolute star helping with this project and his comments pretty much cover it.
Trust me, CML will get it out as soon as we can!

For those that are interested the C4.1 has been designated a part number of 'C0001'
Old 20-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
Them were the days and the car looked the business

What is that beauty????
Old 21-06-2011
oOple Advertiser

Hey,

This is a picture of Jonas Kaerup C4.1

Is that an extension on the motor sensor lead that I see over the speedo?

Any one know who makes them? And are the needed for the C4.1.

Thanks,

MiCk B. :-)

http://www.p-dubracing.co.uk
(Stocking: 8Racing / AVID / GHEA / Xpert Racing / Factory R/C / Alton Design Innovations)

http://www.msdmodels.ie/
(Trackside and on-line RC supplies.)

Old 21-06-2011

Mick,
It's an adapter you have to use with the GM speedo.
They use a different plug into the speedo so is specific to using a GM.
There are plenty of companies that do standard fitment sensor cables long enough to use in a C4.1.
Hope that makes sense.
Old 21-06-2011
Mad Member

I also don't think you need a longer cable than in a std b4, the speedo is more up front, but so is the motor :-) In my cr2 I used the same cable as in my B4.
Old 21-06-2011
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by _sleigh_ View Post
I can see where you're coming from but there are only two items specifically within the 1/10th Off-Road section rules which have any relation to 'commercially available'. These are;

• All wheels and tyres must be commercially available
  • Any commercially available 1/10th scale bodyshell may be used....

And to clarify what 'commercially available' means within the rules, this is;

There are obviously other times when commercially available applies to our section and these mainly relate to cells/motors etc. but these are dealt with under the 'Electric Board' rules.

The bodyshell we're currently using has been temporarily adopted from a.n.other car to allow testing to progress, so therefore has been previously available commercially at some point in the past. In fact this manufacturer has had previous National success (see The Mighty Chris Doughty!!) without any problems in this area.

I think you're reading the bodyshell rule wrongly - correct me if I'm wrong but that particular 'rule' mentions only commercially available bodyshells and is a statement of fact - that yes, you MAY use any commercially available bodyshell.
It mentions nothing about you MUST, or ONLY etc. This rule is either intended as the way I've just put it (to inform) or horribly worded and therefore invalid.

I'll run a coke bottle at the next round to prove the point
Old 21-06-2011

People seem to be getting worked up about team drivers having the advantage with the new, yet to be released, cars.

At some point there must be a disadvantage too though, when the car very new and is a short journey along it's development path I can see at least two potential disadvantages:
  • Design changing frequently making it harder to get used to the feel of the car.
  • Spare parts availablity not being that great.
I know some of these issues will be ironed out before they see a competition race, but to a degree there must still be issues with running such a new design.
Old 21-06-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRob View Post
Mick,
It's an adapter you have to use with the GM speedo.
Hope that makes sense.
Yep

Cheers for that. Didn't know that about the GM speedo.

MiCk B. :-)

http://www.p-dubracing.co.uk
(Stocking: 8Racing / AVID / GHEA / Xpert Racing / Factory R/C / Alton Design Innovations)

http://www.msdmodels.ie/
(Trackside and on-line RC supplies.)

Old 21-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
I think you're reading the bodyshell rule wrongly - correct me if I'm wrong but that particular 'rule' mentions only commercially available bodyshells and is a statement of fact - that yes, you MAY use any commercially available bodyshell.
It mentions nothing about you MUST, or ONLY etc. This rule is either intended as the way I've just put it (to inform) or horribly worded and therefore invalid.

I'll run a coke bottle at the next round to prove the point
ok i will correct you. your wrong. maybe?. i am not sure why you could not run a "coke bottle" style shell, i am all for innovation and trying different theories on shell aerodynamics. however as i read it you must use a commercially available shell. you are correct it is a bit "wooly" in its wording and i am sure an amendment may be on the cards if that is the case.
will try to find out why you could not use a development shell of your own design at an event, which is really the only place your going to find out if it works or not, providing the shell is in accordance with other rules reference holes etc i dont think we should be stifling development.

john
Old 21-06-2011

Send a message via MSN to Mossy

Tom is spot on. People dont appreciate the time and effort that goes in to developing a car that is not only competitve but respected.

Nice to read this thread tho, normally this is the sort of stuff on the Schumacher thread!
Old 21-06-2011
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReferee View Post
ok i will correct you. your wrong. maybe?. i am not sure why you could not run a "coke bottle" style shell, i am all for innovation and trying different theories on shell aerodynamics. however as i read it you must use a commercially available shell. you are correct it is a bit "wooly" in its wording and i am sure an amendment may be on the cards if that is the case.
will try to find out why you could not use a development shell of your own design at an event, which is really the only place your going to find out if it works or not, providing the shell is in accordance with other rules reference holes etc i dont think we should be stifling development.

john
The rules don't actually say what you think they are intending to say. I believe you are reading too much into it.
Old 21-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

surely there are trillions of coke bottles commercially available
Old 21-06-2011

i have a question. If i was to make my own car and run that, is that fair ?. The car i have is a losi xxx cr which i mid motored myself and i enjoy using it but as its not comercially available surely it follows the same issues as team guys using cars like the centro. With the cost of these cars today i am glad these guys are trying to make sure the car is sorted before it goes on sale. For me, i just enjoy making my own parts.
Old 21-06-2011
Administrator

As long as your car fits within the rules then there's no problems at all.

If it's a frame buggy then it doesn't even need a body
Old 21-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

few years ago when the RC8 first came out I think it did close to a full national season with the team drivers before the genral public could get hold of one

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117