Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Faversham Off Road Car Club

Old 03-11-2010

Send a message via MSN to gddevey1012 Send a message via Skype™ to gddevey1012
Default Tonight 3/11/10

Hi guys

Great night tonight and a fantastic layout was really fun to drive.

Couple of "minor" Winges however.

1. Marshalling.
Tonight was the worst i have seen in ages i fully accept that if i crash it is my fault however when i am upside down in the middle of the track 3 feet away from a marshall and it takes him nearly 1 minute to marshall me at all and when he does he puts my car down and as i throttle up kicks the back of my car so i hit the rope head on is appauling. just a bit more care is needed or a stronger hand by race control for those who obviously are not paying attention.

2. Driving standards.
The heat after mine had 2 youngsters in it and whilst i fully appreciate that everyone has to start somewhere these 2 lads were racing each other (well off the pace of the front i add) and were not paying any attention to the other cars around them. Lee drake got harpooned by one of them as well as several other drivers in that heat. Just seems that someone needs to speak to them and maybe ask them to calm down and then go from there. Racing has to be passed on to the younger generation and i love the fact that the kids are so involved at faversham however they really will be getting the wrong idea if they are allowed to carry on driving this way and nothing is said.

Anyways winge over Fantastic night as always guys

Gareth

Proud Member of the Xtreme-Rc Race team

Old 04-11-2010
Mad Member

Hi Gareth - firstly thanks for your input and it's duly noted. I'm sure Alan will see this thread and perhaps we can have a quick mention to the masses next week on the standard of marshalling.

Last night was a very difficult track to marshal in the centre with cars going in all directions, but that's no excuse for sitting there for that long. Everyone should marshal to the standard that they would want to be marshalled - i.e. - quickly!

As for the driving standard - I can't really comment as I didn't witness it first hand. Perhaps in future it might be best to speak to me on the night so I can have a word with the parties involved. Problem solved at source then. If you'd like to come and find me next week and tell me who it is then I can watch for myself.

Thanks.
Dave.
Old 04-11-2010

Loved the track last night, fast and aggresive... well done lads
Old 04-11-2010
Mad Member

the track was pretty good its good to have some proper off road dificult bits it seperates the men from the boys.

stu
Old 04-11-2010

great track last night, ive got a few things for crew to think about for the 2nd round of winter series we should go even bigger with jumps and more of them, maybe driving up the wall like last year or a set of two big double or even trebble jump instead of the straight or a bridge like we have done before
jordan
Old 04-11-2010
Mad Member

hey jordan feel free to get there early enough to start building.