Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 26-07-2011

Thanks everyone for the advice it sure does look like the Hobbywing is the same (butcheaper) than a lot of other units. I eventually went for an Orca Vritra. My local shop (RCLazy) have been using one in a DEX410 with 7.5 motor and lots of timing advance without issues.
Apex models were sellking them at £124, and thats with the program card, so a simular price to the Hobbywing.
As the battery posts are opposite the motor ones the install was quite good, with fewer cables near the centre fwd shaft.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01693.jpg (385.1 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01694.jpg (447.3 KB, 19 views)
Old 26-07-2011

I am a fan of Tekin ESCs due to their small size/free software upgrades and reliability. RS Pro is best in 4wd just fitted one in my B44.1 due to problems with the Novak Kinetic.

Debut at Robin hood this weekend!

Hobbywing are good though just like the Tekin setup etc
Old 26-07-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

New Orion R10
Old 27-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger5 View Post
Thanks everyone for the advice it sure does look like the Hobbywing is the same (butcheaper) than a lot of other units. I eventually went for an Orca Vritra. My local shop (RCLazy) have been using one in a DEX410 with 7.5 motor and lots of timing advance without issues.
Apex models were sellking them at £124, and thats with the program card, so a simular price to the Hobbywing.
As the battery posts are opposite the motor ones the install was quite good, with fewer cables near the centre fwd shaft.

I have been running the Vritra Pro in my Dex410 for a couple of months now, racing atleast once a week. Using one of their motors with timing advance, no issues what so ever with thermalling, even in hot weather. Speed is very good, brakes are excellent, the programmer box is a doddle to use. Plus there is very good support from Answer RC.