Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 01-10-2012

Default Schumacher. Xray.

I have been looking to buy myself a newer chassis.
Thinking of these. Would like to no the best to buy?? and why??

Schumacher Mi1 or mi3
Xray t2
Which would you thing would be a better chassis.
Have you had any
Would any one have one for sale.
Thanks
Old 02-10-2012
Mad Member

Mi3 and T2 are still pretty old chassis. Which means they are probably tricky to fit a LiPo in, and parts and setup advice are going to be difficult to find.

The Mi1 is OK, it is a re-release of the original Mission, it does need some experience to build well because it has some outdated design features, but when built well it can be competitive and parts should have good availability as it is a current car.

I don't know what you are upgrading from, but personally speaking, if I was looking to upgrade to a "newer" chassis it would have to be something from the last couple of years, that is built for LiPo and brushless. New prices are quite high for most touring cars (£300+), but you'll probably find quite a few XRAY T3's appearing on the second hand market now that the T4 has been announced, same with Hotbodies TCX's now that the TCXX is coming. Usual warning to tread carefully with used cars applies, but these are competitive cars at a more reasonable price.
Old 02-10-2012

to be fair look around unless like me you are testing the water in tc before spending money, i have bought a MI1 granted not the top of the range but will everything i want within the capabilities of my driving, also tc6 and t3 xrays are now being sold at the £200 mark and even less if you look around on here in the for sale or even ebay (not my favourite place) sometimes you can get a good bargain
Old 02-10-2012

bought my 13 yr old son an mi1 last year and he loves it, its not the best car around but it is the best new car for the money, bits easy to get but saying that he never broke it and did the whole winter series with it, as for the xray t2 thats what i have although its the 009 version and lipos do fit in no problem and the only thing that broke last season was the drive belt, most bits from t2 and t3 fit both cars suspension wise anyway, yes the xray is a much more tunable car but the bits are more expensive and most bits only come as a single rather than most companys sell things in pairs so if budget racing is what you want then mi1 good choice but for quality and tuning go for xray either way you wont be disapointed
Carisma gtb x2
Schumacher gt12 x2
Old 25-12-2012

i would go with a xray there well strong im running one my self iv got a t2 009 its still running better then someone with a t4 and as for parts alot of then are backward compatible iv not ever had problems of geting parts and im now running the t3 2012 pulleys and belts and gear diff to and as for lipos that fit in easy nothing to it i made my own lipo hooks better then spendting about 15-20 notes
Old 25-12-2012

really want to avoid the Mi3 and Mi3.5, both was pretty rubbish
Old 30-12-2012

XRAY
Old 31-12-2012

I'll add my bit, the MI4 chassis from schumacher is a good start, bits are cheap and available straight from schumacher, the cx and cxl fit the latest lipos whereas the lp need the old liops due to height of the top deck.
the latest MI1 will take the lipos and great cheap car to learn to drive,
i run an xray T2 008, bits are more expensive but they are stronger so still cheap to run, avoid the cars before this as spares are not as easy to find now.
i would see who is running what at your local club as if you do break something you'll find someone with the bits to repair it.

Mick